Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walmart employees not selling ammo after a certain time?

Feedback Score
    I called a local Walmart and asked about this policy. The lady I spoke with said 'corporate office directs us to not sell ammunition after 10pm'. She gave a couple of reasons for this policy, one of which was fewer associates were available between 10 pm and 7am. I searched on line but couldn't find anything. I'm fairly certain that there is no law requiring no sales after 10pm.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    Nope. I walked out with 1000 rounds of 9mm the other night @ 23:00. Guy before me bought 1000 rounds of 9mm and 5000 plus rounds of 22lr.
    I guess that Walmart didn't enforce the 3 box limit?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have heard walmart employees are buying ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by onado2000 View Post
    I have heard walmart employees are buying ammo to resell on ebay/online for profit.
    I have also seen employees from LGS camping out at Walmart to sell at a higher price in their shops.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Pretty sure eBay doesn't allow the sale of ammo, but I get your point. I've just resorted to calling the two local ones every morning just after 7 to see if they got any ammo in the night before.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was at Walmart last month around 23:00 and was told the exact same thing about it being against state law. They were stocking the shelves at the time so I figured they might not let me purchase any, but there response sort of took me by surprise. In any case, I had to go back at 07:00 the following morning and deal with all of the slime from the local gun stores who buy it to resell. I REALLY hate the guy who keeps buying up all the 22 as it is hard enough to get as it is.
    Last edited by BH321; 04-04-13 at 13:28.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BH321 View Post
    I was at Walmart last month around 23:00 and was told the exact same thing about it being against state law. They were stocking the shelves at the time so I figured they might not let me purchase any, but there response sort of took me by surprise. In any case, I had to go back at 07:00 the following morning and deal with all of the slime from the local gun stores who buy it to resell. I REALLY hate the guy who keeps buying up all the 22 as it is hard enough to get as it is.
    I don't know how there's not some type of regulation against that.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd make them show me the state law..."well, what code and section so I can look it up myself....right here on my smart phone"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    They may have a store policy having to do with a manager being in house or something
    One local to me changed the policy to no ammo sales before the sporting goods manager came in in the AM and restocked. Just a WAG on my part, but I'm guessing it had something to do with people stopping by at 0300 and trying to snag what they could before it hit the shelves.

One morning I had to get something early and there were 12 people lined up at 0700 to get ammo at 0730-0800 (whenever the sporting goods manager came in). Would probably explain why there's nothing left except .25-06, 7mm Rem Mag, and .300 WSM when I come by after work.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I don't see how since you can't sell ammo on eBay.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123