Thread: CT Senate passed new AWB

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

CT Senate passed new AWB

It is now on its way to the HOR....

AR15 banned existing must be registered
    Mags over 10rnds banned existing must be registered but cannot be loaded over 10 unless in home or at the range.

+ 100 pages or so of other bullshit.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I didnt read the bill, does it allow for sale of grandfathered rifles in state? Time to move ?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was enrolled in a Redback One carbine class in July in CT and had to cancel because of the new laws.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Churchill

Feedback Score
    As expected the population acquiesces to the laws that slowly erode their individual freedoms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its like every state is trying to get this passed before it goes to the supreme court.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    It sucks man, I went to the state police barracks to get a printout of what firearms they think I have (found a couple discrepancies that were not in my favor) and got to small talking with one of the troopers on front desk duty.

He said, unofficially of course, there is no way for them to enforce all of the laws coming into play and that they are refusing to advise anyone inquiring about the law because they themselves have no idea what the new 150ish page law actually means. They have lawyers deciphering everything right now. And he concluded by saying they WILL NOT be going door to door to inspect your firearms.

So at this point I'm not taking what he said to the bank but it sure was a nice morale booster that the guys and girls tasked to enforce this are not very happy with it let alone understand what it is they are supposed to enforce.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was talking to an ffl who informed me that the Kriss, M1A and M1carbine are still Ct. legal.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Do not trust just any FFL at this point. When in doubt just wait for DPS to make an official statement. God as my witness I had an FFL try to sell me a Saiga 12 with 30rnd drums this week. Clearly banned by name and features.

DPS made and retracted statements multiple times since the bill was signed declaring whether items purchased but not delivered before the bill was signed could or could not be transferred.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    saiga 12 with a 30rnd drum? I would have jumped
    all over it !

Feedback Score
    Unconstitutional laws are not laws.