Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf will clog your gas tube with lacquer!

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

Wink Wolf will clog your gas tube with lacquer!

So I am at the range yesterday and I wanted to make sure my new ADS Basic would cycle Wolf before I buy a big lot of it. I go in the range house and ask the gentleman working the counter if he has any Wolf in .223. He says no, and then asks me what king of gun I'm shooting. I tell him have a new AR that I want to run it through. He looks at me sideways and says to me: "You need to be careful shooting Wolf out of an AR. The lacquer will melt off and clog up your gas tube. I've seen it happen too many times out here."

I said, "Wow, sounds like I better stay way from Wolf!" I thanked him for his help and left. I guess I better pick a spare gas tube or two!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yet another reason I dont like wolf
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    So the laquer off the casing is going to travel down the barrel (swimming upstream of the hot expanding gas) and then get into the gas tube where it will clog up a tiny orifice where the hot gases are being forced through at extremely high pressure?

That's a new anti-wolf argument to me.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    So the laquer off the casing is going to travel down the barrel (swimming upstream of the hot expanding gas) and then get into the gas tube where it will clog up a tiny orifice where the hot gases are being forced through at extremely high pressure?

That's a new anti-wolf argument to me.
    Good point. I had not thought this through, obviously
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score

Old wolf 223 will do that the new stuff won't

the current production has a plastic coating witch dosen't cause any problems.
    I know guys who shoot thousands of rounds through transferable M16's with no problems

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The laquer has to go some where. But evidence shows no major issues with Wolf.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Much prefer the laquer stuff to the new "polymer coated" stuff.

No issues with laquer coming off.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Complete and utter BS! My round count with Wolf is 7k plus with lacquer and polymer...absolutely no evidence to support that claim or lacquer melting in the chamber, gas tube or BCG.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Much prefer the laquer stuff to the new "polymer coated" stuff.

No issues with laquer coming off.
    I agree, all they needed to do was lose or change the neck sealant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thmpr View Post
    The laquer has to go some where. But evidence shows no major issues with Wolf.

Yeah, out the chamber and onto the ground with the rest of the cartridge....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast