Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Shotguns

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Military Shotguns: Game changer since World War One (and still pissing off the Germans).

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    This kit came out years after I got out. Any endusers have feedback on the (relatively new) M26?

Attachment 5823

Attachment 5824

Attachment 5825
    Last edited by jaxman7; 09-15-12 at 19:18.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I hope that's not what they are teaching to breach locks, wrong location. Noticed two different magazine sizes and extendable standoff/muzzle brake. Haven't seen any down range yet (at least not on my FOB)

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    This kit came out years after I got out. Any endusers have feedback on the (relatively new) M26?

Attachment 5825
    I know quite a bit about the M26 MESS, I mean modular accessory shotgun system, to much in fact. My BCT used the the precursure system the LSS, Lightweight Shotgun System, in OEF 2003-04 along side Mossberg 500's. The MASS is a more mature version of the LSS which addressed some of the faults of the LSS. That said the main fault of the system is the requirement. The pictures above do a preety good job of showing the main one human factors.

The MASS still has not been fielded, despite having been in development since as best I can determine around 1999. It did beat out the only other submission, which was a version of the 870 MCS. At least one major command has opted out of the MASS and gone with a differant product(pictured in my last post) and the overall requirement has been severly reduced for other reasons.

Not alot more I can add in a open forum.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice shot in Afghanistan
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Staff Sgt. Jonathan McDonald (far left), nonlethal weapons instructor for the 49th Military Police Brigade, eyes Sgt. Robert Black of the 217th Military Police Company load a shotgun with nonlethal rounds during range training at Camp Liberty. (US Army photo/SPC EDDIE SIGUENZA)

GUANTANAMO BAY, Cuba – Marine Pfc. Michael Stearns, Marine Corps Security Force Company, reloads while conducting firing drills with a 12-gauge shotgun at Grenadillo Range aboard U.S. Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, March 30, 2010. The Marine Corps Security Forces support Naval Station Guantanamo Bay and Joint Task Force Guantanamo by providing external security. JTF Guantanamo conducts safe, humane, legal and transparent care and custody of detainees, including those convicted by military commission and those ordered released by a court. The JTF conducts intelligence collection, analysis and dissemination for the protection of detainees and personnel working in JTF Guantanamo facilities and in support of the War on Terror. JTF Guantanamo provides support to the Office of Military Commissions, to law enforcement and to war crimes investigations. The JTF conducts planning for and, on order, responds to Caribbean mass migration operations. (JTF Guantanamo photo by Marine Lance Cpl. Justin R. Wheeler) UNCLASSIFIED – Cleared for public release.

BAGHDAD – Staff Sgt. Anthony Romero, a Long Beach, Calif., native assigned to 108th Military Police Company, 705th MP Battalion, 49th MP Brigade, United States Forces – Iraq, fires a non-lethal round from a shotgun at a Camp Liberty range May 13. The rounds are designed to incapacitate a possible threat, lessening the chances of causing a fatality. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Phillip Valentine, 366th MPAD, USD-C)

Make my day...
    Lcpl. Ayers (headquarters) of Bravo Co. racking a new round into his mossburg 590 Shotgun at a range at Marine Corps Base Quantico,VA

Marines with Company K, Battalion Landing Team 3/8, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, practice using a shotgun to breach doors at Combat Town during the Motorized Raid Course aboard Camp Lejeune, N.C., April 20, 2010. The Motorized Raid Course is one of several Special Operations Training Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force events as part of 26th MEU's preparation for deployment this fall. (Official USMC Photo by Cpl. Jesse J. Johnson / Released).

Marines train with Bulgarian counterparts
    Lance Cpl. Jesse Watson, left, an assaultman with scout platoon, Headquarters and Support Company, 1st Tank Battalion, trains with a Bulgarian soldier in using nonlethal ammunition in a Mossberg shotgun at Novo Selo Training Area, Bulgaria, July 2, 2010. Bulgarian soldiers and U.S. Marines have been living and training together in peacekeeping operations since June 27.
    Last edited by DMR; 09-06-10 at 13:43.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Vidio from ABC about the assault of Kandahar. Soldier at 47 sec doing a shotgun breach:
    Last edited by DMR; 09-27-10 at 12:32.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Linky jacked up ......?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are those Marines shooting 590's with 20" barrels and the 6 shot tube? Or does the picture just make the 18.5" barrel look really long?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast