Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SO... Does the SAFE ACT Nullify the Preban?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    The text of the law appears to require no neutering of registered firearms.

At this point it is not even known if Cuomo will sign that exemption bill. It is pretty well known in police circles that he does not like law enforcement very much and his actions regarding binding contract arbitration indicate he really does not care about law enforcement political support.

Frankly, he can sign all the exemptions he wants, I still don't known anyone in law enforcement who supports this law. In fact, I know guys who used to be in favor of "assault weapons" bans who are now opposed thanks to this nonesense. Obviously, however, recent events show that there are some varying opinions, unfortunately.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    And that was only if they felt you qualified for a FOIL exemption (e.g. live with an LEO)

The whole state is a shit show.
    100% correct, I was forced to do it by my wife. I want the criminals to come here I dare them! They wont get past the pit! Or my neighbors.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm seeing this trend as well, the whole issue has been an education process for a lot of people, I have made some great new friends and found out who my true friends really are.

Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    The text of the law appears to require no neutering of registered firearms.

At this point it is not even known if Cuomo will sign that exemption bill. It is pretty well known in police circles that he does not like law enforcement very much and his actions regarding binding contract arbitration indicate he really does not care about law enforcement political support.

Frankly, he can sign all the exemptions he wants, I still don't known anyone in law enforcement who supports this law. In fact, I know guys who used to be in favor of "assault weapons" bans who are now opposed thanks to this nonesense. Obviously, however, recent events show that there are some varying opinions, unfortunately.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    And that was only if they felt you qualified for a FOIL exemption (e.g. live with an LEO)

The whole state is a shit show.
    So the fact that I have had Hell's Angels threaten me, and I've sent people to jail for long periods of time in my line of work but I am not an LEO means I wouldn't even qualify. **** THEM!
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    I'm seeing this trend as well, the whole issue has been an education process for a lot of people, I have made some great new friends and found out who my true friends really are.
    I agree with this for sure. I have lost several close friends as a result of this law. If you're going to so willingly throw me and everyone who owns a firearm under the bus because you're afraid of the bogey man, you have not place in my life.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345