Thread: US Property XM16E1 DOE??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

US Property XM16E1 DOE??

I have a friend who pulled this out of the woodwork and it belonged to his father and is on a form 4 in Oregon.

Just wondering how rare are they for this?

I'm thinking more or less a reweld but I am not seeing the SOT that did it so????

Form 4 says Colt and the paperwork is from the 90's and he has the other one that his dad had and that is from the early 70's.

He's looking to let it go for various reasons but just curious if anyone has seen any before?

I last saw one back at Knob Creek and I saw a previous one at the SAR show in 2007 or so, so they are rare but they are around I believe.

We are going down the option of doing a FOIA on the serial number and see where it takes us but we feel that it is one of the DOE licensed ones.
    Last edited by prdubi; 04-06-13 at 15:00. Reason: stuff

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Check with Colt. Don't know if they do factory letters on MG's like they do for handguns. Probably your best source of info on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

adf

dammnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Why didn't think of that.

thanks dude.

Feedback Score
    I have seen a couple of these on Sturm recently and some other forums. I would not be surprised to find out that it is legit. If memory serves me correctly, they sold off transferables from their inventory in the late 80's and early 90's. I have absolutely no proof of that, but I remember seeing that story/dates tied to another DOE gun that was for sale.