Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Carry Gun

Feedback Score
    Perhaps if you have a great carry gun that you like you should go for something beautiful like a colt python with custom exotic wood grips.

Feedback Score
    You already own a glock 17, and so I will recommend the Glock 26. The glock 19 will be a bit redundant next to the 17, IMO. I own all 3. I carry the 26 the most, mostly thanks to living in CT. Even still, the Glock 26 can be easily made to have 12+1 round capacity with the OEM +2 baseplates, which is a good amount of gun for CCW in my opinion, and it carries like a bobtailed G19. Many people say that if you can carry a G26 you can easily carry a G19 instead - in my chosen method of carry (AIWB) and on my body type (fairly lean, runner's build) I find that is nonsense. The 26 conceals better by a good amount, particularly as the weather heats up and I am not wearing a jacket.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    G19, good at everything and accepts your G17 magazines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    I'd get the G26. I like my G26 better then my G27. That's just me.

Good luck, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: Second Carry Gun

Since you already have a g17, I would get the g26.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You already own a glock 17, and so I will recommend the Glock 26. The glock 19 will be a bit redundant next to the 17, IMO. I own all 3. I carry the 26 the most, mostly thanks to living in CT. Even still, the Glock 26 can be easily made to have 12+1 round capacity with the OEM +2 baseplates, which is a good amount of gun for CCW in my opinion, and it carries like a bobtailed G19. Many people say that if you can carry a G26 you can easily carry a G19 instead - in my chosen method of carry (AIWB) and on my body type (fairly lean, runner's build) I find that is nonsense. The 26 conceals better by a good amount, particularly as the weather heats up and I am not wearing a jacket.
    I carry my G27 in my pocket sto the 23 would be too big. When I first saw the 27 I out my 23 on the table and the 27 on top of it. At the time I carried my BUG on my vest straps and thought the 23 would be just as easy to carry there and it was. But for the pocket the baby Glocks are awesome.

Soooooo what did you buy?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    The offer your friend has made is VERY attractive at that price point, BUT, I shoot Glocks & HKs pretty much exclusively, and if there's one pistol in the line up that I really don't care to shoot, it's the G27.

The G27, FOR ME, is a "perfect storm" of badness - small grip that doesn't allow a full firing grip, short sight radius, and a significant amount of recoil, all of which travels straight into my hand/wrist. This is PARTICULARLY uncomfortable for me when doing strong/weak hand only shooting.

I frequently do side-by-side drills with the P30 (9mm LEM), P2000 (9mm LEM), G19, G23, G26, and G27. I can consistently shoot the HKs more accurately at distance in slow fire. In close range "speed" drills, the four "compact" pistols are effectively equal, and the G26 is pretty close behind - WRT accuracy and shot-to-shot splits. The G27, on the other hand, requires me to either slow WAY down (closer to double split times), or lose accuracy - neither of which, for me, is an acceptable solution.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go with the G19. For my money, it's the best "all around" pistol on the market today. I routinely carry mine all day, every day. In the summer, it snaps into a FIST #1K IWB and hides very well under a loose t-shirt or tank top. I just don't see enough of a "concealability" boost from the G26 to make it worth giving up a third of the magazine capacity...

And while I dearly love my HKs, and go to them when I need to show off on the range doing accuracy work, I have returned to carrying my G19 as my everyday duty pistol. The P30's long grip is equivalent in length to the G17's, so it's not going to be any easier to conceal than your current pistol, and it's manual of arms with it's paddle magazine release and LONG slide release lever is different enough from your Glock that it won't be an easy switch between the two.

YMMV, of course, and this is one man's opinion, and worth precisely what you paid for it!
    Last edited by Psalms144.1; 04-22-13 at 09:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    G19 would be my choice.

Feedback Score
    It seems like buying your friend's 27 would be the logical choice here. You've wanted to get in to the .40 for ammo availability reasons and the G27 is a great little package. Mine sees more carry time than any other pistol I own due to the hot weather we have here.

Don't let Internet myths scare you. The 27 is very controllable and I've never had a problem with its recoil. Certainly more than a 9mm but not a wrist-breaking snap as you so often read about.

For around $125-$150 you could have a 9mm conversion barrel and be right back into your common platform, using your G17 magazines as a reload or nightstand setup. Seems like a no-brainer to me given the great deal you'd be getting on his 27.
    -RagweedZulu
    "Always remember those who've died. Never forget those who killed them."

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Since you already have the Glock platform and like it I suggest that you stick with it. G19 or G26 would be determined on what level of concealability you desire or need for your given situation (body type, dress, etc.)
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast