Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glocks and +P ammo????

Feedback Score
    the prefix is dpn. completely broken off,and she ran fine. i was told by a glock rep the guns will run on three rails for awhile but the other rear rail will go also do to the added stress placed on it because of the missing rail.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    the prefix is dpn. completely broken off,and she ran fine. i was told by a glock rep the guns will run on three rails for awhile but the other rear rail will go also do to the added stress placed on it because of the missing rail.
    Yeah, I saw an E series run without a left rear rail for awhile but nobody knows how long it had been broken so we could only guess that it wasn't that long. I know the E series had problems.

Feedback Score
    we had a bunch series but they were pulled and the frames replaced befor we had any issues.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    we had a bunch series but they were pulled and the frames replaced befor we had any issues.
    So do you think your D series happened because of the shear amount of +P+ ran through it?

Feedback Score
    i would say yes. i beat the snot out of this gun. i can't complain. hopefully i get a new gun and start over.

Feedback Score
    i would say yes. i beat the snot out of this gun. i can't complain. hopefully i get a new gun and start over.
    I'm curious. Did you ever shoot the gun with a light (or any type of weight) mounted on the frame?

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    joe,
    yes i have,both surefire and insights m3 with all kinds of ammo with no issues at all.

Feedback Score
    joe,
    yes i have,both surefire and insights m3 with all kinds of ammo with no issues at all.
    Interesting. Thank you for the reply. I have a theory that shooting with a light or some type of weight attached to the frame rail increases the likelihood that a rear rail will break on Glocks.

I'm not trying to start an internet rumor by asking. I'm just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    joe,
    you might be correct. in talking to a friend that works for glock he stated the the left rear rail is the most stresses rail on the gun do to the recoil impulses. for a lack of a tech. description the slide and barrel torque to the right under recoil putting more stress on the left side rails. it makes sense but that part of shooting and function of the weapons is waaaaaaaaaay above my pay grade, i'm just a shooter.

ToddG Guest
    Quick description: the barrel is rifled. As the bullet spins with the rifling, the ubiquitous "equal and opposite reaction" is that the barrel torques clockwise (from the point of view of the shooter). This puts more stress on the left rails. It's also why, for example, the left wing of a Beretta 90-series locking block is 99% likely to be the one that breaks when it reaches the end of its service life.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast