Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    This is supposed to be a nation of laws, not a nation of "I'm the one in power, I'll do what I want. If you don't like it, F you".
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Feedback Score
    I will be writing my MO lawmakers asking what can be done to punish those who OK'ed this. Wish we could literally tar and feather those responsible.

If I hear back, then I will post the response.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    While the feds may want a national registry of buy/own/carry, it has not been enacted yet. So if they have been asking states for lists is that not suborning a crime? Is not colluding with a state government conspiracy to violate? How many other states are turning over gun specific information? Are we expected to go along with the corrupt Holder Justice Department overseeing an investigation? Will Janet Reno be appointed special prosecutor? Stay tuned.

Much smells rotten a lot closer than Denmark.

Feedback Score
    Here's what I wrote my representative and senator:

"I am writing upon learning of the Missouri Highway Patrol's disclosure of a full list of Concealed Carry Permit (CCP) holders to the federal government, specifically the Social Security Administration (SSA). The reason given by the SSA was the following:

"The intention was to cross-check the names on the concealed carry list with the agency's list of those with disabilities attributed to mental illness to find possible evidence of fraud in the system."

I ask that you introduce legislation that would bar or restrict requests for information on CCP holders. As a CCP holder, I am upset that the information is readily given to other agencies without any oversight or proper notification that the list is being used for purposes other than the one intended. The potential for abusing this information is enormous. The question I ask myself is "Why would they need to cross reference a CCP holders list?" Perhaps I am ignorant of the relevance, but I fail to see how the list would be cross referenced, and thus useful, to detect for fraud within their own system.

I respectfully request that you respond to this communication."

I'll post if I get an answer. Feel free to use this. I tried really hard not to come off as a tin foil hat wearer, but I'll be damned if all I can think of is "registration attempt".
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    Both the DOR and the MSHP were handing over information. Gov. Nixon has been suspiciously silent on the matter.

The head of MO DOR, took office in Dec. 2012, resigned on 4/15/13.

There has been at least one suit filed, and I'm sure there are more.

Not too long ago, MO State passed legislation making this very act a crime at our State level. Time to hand out criminal sentences to our politicians.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Both the DOR and the MSHP were handing over information. Gov. Nixon has been suspiciously silent on the matter.
    When a person has a chance to say "I didn't do it" or, "I didn't know anything about it", or they don't say "here's how it happened and this is why I'm not guilty"....... they are most likely guilty.

Any of us here, when accused of something we didn't do, would jump at the chance to prove our innocence, to explain ourselves. We see less and less of this in gov't these days. They don't do it because... they don't have to.

Feedback Score

Re: MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    When a person has a chance to say "I didn't do it" or, "I didn't know anything about it", or they don't say "here's how it happened and this is why I'm not guilty"....... they are most likely guilty.

Any of us here, when accused of something we didn't do, would jump at the chance to prove our innocence, to explain ourselves. We see less and less of this in gov't these days. They don't do it because... they don't have to.
    I was in a conversation on Facebook the other day. I threw in a measly 2 cents. "Trust and faith in Govt. is directly disproportionate to its size."

The Govt. as a whole has grown to the point where I can't trust any politician even the ones that I'm pretty sure do align with me. They're politicians first and public servants second and that's why I can't trust.

Maybe I'm succumbing to a "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality regarding elected officials.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by .46caliber; 04-16-13 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Director Of MO Department Of Revenue Resigns In Wake Of CCW Scandal

Gov. Jay Nixon today ( 15th April ) announced that Missouri Department of Revenue Director Brian Long has resigned. The resignation is effective immediately. The Governor has named Deputy Director of Revenue John Mollenkamp as acting director of the department.

“I want to thank Brian for his service to the state of Missouri in heading up this department, and wish him well in his future endeavors,” Gov. Nixon said.

Mollenkamp, a native of Rolla, has served as Deputy Director of Revenue since 2011. Prior to taking that position, he was a clinical professor of law at Cornell Law School. Mollenkamp also served as an associate professor of legal writing at the University of Missouri School of Law. He was a Missouri assistant attorney general for several years, and also was in private practice in Joplin. Mollenkamp obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.

Long had been named Director of Revenue in December 2012.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Not too long ago, MO State passed legislation making this very act a crime at our State level. Time to hand out criminal sentences to our politicians.
    How would this even start to get enforced? It's like asking Eric Holder to prosecute the ATF... Seriously, who is able to get the investigation started and charges brought? The State AG?

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Director Of MO Department Of Revenue Resigns In Wake Of CCW Scandal

Gov. Jay Nixon today ( 15th April ) announced that Missouri Department of Revenue Director Brian Long has resigned. The resignation is effective immediately. The Governor has named Deputy Director of Revenue John Mollenkamp as acting director of the department.

“I want to thank Brian for his service to the state of Missouri in heading up this department, and wish him well in his future endeavors,” Gov. Nixon said.

Mollenkamp, a native of Rolla, has served as Deputy Director of Revenue since 2011. Prior to taking that position, he was a clinical professor of law at Cornell Law School. Mollenkamp also served as an associate professor of legal writing at the University of Missouri School of Law. He was a Missouri assistant attorney general for several years, and also was in private practice in Joplin. Mollenkamp obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.

Long had been named Director of Revenue in December 2012.
    At least someone's head has rolled at the DOR. Now it's the MSHP's turn. And then, charges should be brought against the responsible parties. But again, will it actually happen?

Is there any recourse if LE will not move against law breakers?
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So, there were consequences.... that's a little encouraging. Not that it would do any good, but they need to go through the motions of "getting the names back".

People in government don't realize how much they are eroding public confidence, and how it will at some point morph into something else that won't be good for anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast