Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just realized long was only director from Dec 2012 to Apr 15 2013. Wonder if he will leave with a pension?

Friggin ATF & SS receiving that info! Backdoor registration?
    “This request for the list was a joint request between the Department of Social Security and the ATF,” explained Missouri State Senator Kurt Schaefer, who has spearheaded the investigation into this breach as head of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Patriot View Post
    How would this even start to get enforced? It's like asking Eric Holder to prosecute the ATF... Seriously, who is able to get the investigation started and charges brought? The State AG?

At least someone's head has rolled at the DOR. Now it's the MSHP's turn. And then, charges should be brought against the responsible parties. But again, will it actually happen?

Is there any recourse if LE will not move against law breakers?
    I have no idea how or who it would be enforced. Recourse must happen. The last thing we need is elected officials to have examples of how they can act above the law. Give Long a month for every Missourian who had their privacy violated. Hell, give him 4 years. Something is better than nothing here. Our State Reps are clamoring for action to right this. Hopefully they don't pipe down until Long and the head honcho of MSHP are charged and convicted.

Remember, no heads have rolled. Long stepped down, on his own accord, because the job was "taking a toll" on his family. No one is reporting it as a coerced resignation.

We need charges brought against the leadership of the DOR and MSHP. They broke State law. I would suppose the AG could do it. I'd love to see the Governor's Office endorse it, but I think I would have a better chance of finding a BCM HSP Jack Carbine for $50 on GunBroker.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    This is supposed to be a nation of laws, not a nation of "I'm the one in power, I'll do what I want. If you don't like it, F you".
    You are dead on, and I'm livid that statements like that truly indicate where our leadership is.

Feedback Score
    Well I'll be a horse's ass.

Anchor for KSDK Channel 5 (NBC) is running a story tonight on how our driver's license information has been compromised.

If anyone watches it, please report back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    Remember, no heads have rolled. Long stepped down, on his own accord, because the job was "taking a toll" on his family. No one is reporting it as a coerced resignation.
    Ah, I assumed he was asked to resign. So, in reality, nothing has been proactively done to punish these people.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Feedback Score

Re: MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Patriot View Post
    Ah, I assumed he was asked to resign. So, in reality, nothing has been proactively done to punish these people.
    Not yet. Investigation ongoing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Who was it on the Fed side who requested / received the names? They need looking at too.

Feedback Score

Re: MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

I don't think all the details are out. ATF was reportedly in on it and I believe the Fed DOR was the one equipping the DMV offices with the new equipment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    I don't think all the details are out. ATF was reportedly in on it and I believe the Fed DOR was the one equipping the DMV offices with the new equipment.

Yes, they reportedly are:

http://www.missourinet.com/2013/04/1...r-information/

Feedback Score
    Completely unacceptable. I just more and more angry about the whole situation.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast