Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Quality 7.62x39

Feedback Score

Re: Good Quality 7.62x39

I own a Sota Arms 7.62x39 upper. I use it as a hog thumper all the time. It shoots moa with an eotech Ans magnifier.

I had a couple failure to feeds until I shaped the m4 feedramps a little more and tweaked the feedlips on the asc mags. Now it runs like a top! Slays the piggies too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Afalex1; 04-23-13 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which Upper

Mr. Farley,
    Which upper are you running that is working that well? I went to your website, however, did not know where to look.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool colt 7.62x39 upper

Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    Mr. Farley,
    Which upper are you running that is working that well? I went to your website, however, did not know where to look.
    i am not a gun dealer. we are a tactical trg and supply company to the govt and military. the colt 7.62x39 was my own build. always hated the ak, as it made me cry,when i shot it. old cheek injury from NAM" made me hurt for 2-3 days. BIG f-----g lump. askl ken hackathorn about it. LOVE the cartridge. got shot with it 3 days into my tour with the 101st. in the leg. stil have the bullet. L.O.L.

found a complete upper and played with it. could not get it to fire 100% reliably due to light strikes. 1 of my vendors sent me a enhanced firing pin. works 100 %. yhm came out with 7.62 stuff about a year ago. know them well. good vendor. sent me a 11.5
    bbl, bolt etc. use it now as its lighter and cooler". adco thinned it out to a very lite upper. i hate wt. the colt upper is great but heavy/long. no 1 wanted to touch the melonited bbl to cut down. am selling it,on the for sale board.

have lots of bolts/bbls firing pins,extractors now. can keep it running my self. not really a "gun nut" more of a survivalist, real world guy. when ever i leave town i take a 11.5"d.d S.B.R. a spare upper 11.5",7.62x39, 6 mags, 200 Rd's go with me.

2 most popular cartridges in the world. both work with my surefire cans. 7.62x39 is very accurate for real world use,btw.
    bolt gun uses my gear and gets 1 moa @50.i get 1-1/2-2" best my old eyes can do. COULD NOT run fast enough to give me a 300 Bk. except sub sonic, has no advantage. a custom bullet company built me 100 rds of s/s 7.62 stays with in 2" with can. most of the above posts most are not on target. iraqgunz is the only correct post. he knows what he is saying but he just hasnt seen a good 1. he has only seen poorly done 1's.

hope this helps. very easy to do. call if u need more

blf@odspec.com
    Last edited by jjw; 04-23-13 at 12:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks

Exactly the info I was looking for. Sounds like yhm and ASC mags are a good start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12