Thread: New member and new Armalite

Feedback Score

New member and new Armalite

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and love it. After much thought and research, I bought an Armalite M15A4. It is a 20" hbar with no sights. I initially mounted a 3x9x40 scope in the Armalite scope mount. Shot good, but as I am sure everyone here will say " I told you that would happen" I already upgraded some things. I replace the scope with a 6x20x50 scope on a riser and Burris steel rings. The armalite mount didn't mount the scope high enough for a good cheek plant. Then I ugraded the charging handle latch to a tactical model so I didn't have to cram my fingers under the scope. I am a target shooter, 100 and 200 yards. I've got 300 rounds through it already (in a week), zero malfunctions, and nothing but my own handloads. Already shooting 2.5 to 3 " groups at 200 yards with 55 gr. FMJ's. Any other Armalite owners out there?

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. Now I want another one. Does anyone else have this problem?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoez View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new to the site and love it. After much thought and research, I bought an Armalite M15A4. It is a 20" hbar with no sights. I initially mounted a 3x9x40 scope in the Armalite scope mount. Shot good, but as I am sure everyone here will say " I told you that would happen" I already upgraded some things. I replace the scope with a 6x20x50 scope on a riser and Burris steel rings. The armalite mount didn't mount the scope high enough for a good cheek plant. Then I ugraded the charging handle latch to a tactical model so I didn't have to cram my fingers under the scope. I am a target shooter, 100 and 200 yards. I've got 300 rounds through it already (in a week), zero malfunctions, and nothing but my own handloads. Already shooting 2.5 to 3 " groups at 200 yards with 55 gr. FMJ's. Any other Armalite owners out there?

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. Now I want another one. Does anyone else have this problem?

Congrats on your Armalite! Black rifles are addictive for sure.

C4

Feedback Score
    I have an ArmaLite M-15A2 (Service Model) and an ArmaLite AR-10A2 (Infantry Model), both with green furniture. I learned how to shoot with an M-16A1 in 1973 (courtesy of my favorite uncle) so they both "feel right" to me.

In addition to the info posted in this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge in the "Technical Notes" Col. Westrom has posted on the ArmaLite website.

BTW, you may want to stock up on magazines... the MagPul p-mag seems the be the best value out there.
    Last edited by ThirdWatcher; 03-24-08 at 16:48.