Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why no love for the XCR-M?

Feedback Score

why no love for the XCR-M?

Aside from the fact that Alex Robinson has zero customer service skills, am I missing something? i have a few AR's in 7.62 (H&K MR308 and LMT MWS 308) as well as some other 7.62 semi-auto rifles (M14 SOCOM and M1A SOCOM), and so far I have been pretty impressed with the results of the XCR-M.

I see that there are lots of people here who love the SCAR17s, and after handling one recently, I would give the win to the XCR-M for controls and overall feel. Don't get me wrong, i would love to be able to own the SCAR 17s but they have been recently deemed prohibited in Canada, whereas the XCR-M is non-restricted (no paperwork or limitations on use).

Why is there no desire to own a U.S. developed/made rifle which has similiar characteristics to the SCAR17s?

anyways here is mine...

Last edited by pbr streetgang; 04-14-13 at 18:25.
    Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

Feedback Score
    Partially because I really don't see anything that this does that a SCAR 17, or a KAC SR-25 ECC doesn't do.

Plus, they both have better ambi controls, and they come from companies that are guaranteed to be around for a long time.

What barrel length is that? That looks crazy long.
    Last edited by Magic_Salad0892; 04-14-13 at 18:49.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm sure part of it is longevity, with larger companies like FN vs a small boutique outfit which you never know is going to be around.

Looks like a neat design, but I think after overall weapon design / reliability / accuracy, the next most important thing is will a company stand behind their product with solid customer service. Seems like this Robinsin fellow isn't so easy to deal with in that regard.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-14-13 at 18:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I'm sure part of it is longevity, with larger companies like FN vs a small boutique outfit which you never know is going to be around.

Looks like a neat design, but I think after overall weapon design / reliability / accuracy, the next most important thing is will a company stand behind their product with solid customer service. Seems like this Robinsin fellow isn't so easy to deal with in that regard.
    it really is a shame that he is such an asshat to his customers... His design is solid and I'm sure if a bigger company ran with it, it would be a winner...

and to answer your question Magic Salad, it is 18.5 bbl (needs to be for non-restricted status.)
    Last edited by pbr streetgang; 04-14-13 at 19:01.
    Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Cost to much and I cant own it here
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    I don't have any love (or hate) for them because I don't think I've ever seen one in the flesh. Not in a gunshop, or a class, or the club range, or anywhere else. I've heard a couple of people in classes say they own or owned one, but they weren't shooting them.
    Might be a hell of a rifle, but I have no way to judge.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbr streetgang View Post
    it really is a shame that he is such an asshat to his customers... His design is solid and I'm sure if a bigger company ran with it, it would be a winner...
    That right there is the main reason for me. Why would i spend my hard earned money on a rifle that i know i will have no customer support for when i can purchase other proven rifles that are backed by exceptional companies?
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-14-13 at 19:34.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pbr streetgang View Post
    I guess it's a great example of times when a designer of a great product should get in business with someone who actually understands business!

Because those crappy CS experiences carry on and cost sales... And those cost cutting measures of not replacing broken / defective parts cost sales... And in the end its all about CS and advertising, not how great a product is... Although we'll all agree a certainly level of performance is required.

When it comes down to your specific example, SCAR 17 vs XCR-M, the SCARs negative attributes compared to the XCR-M (if there are any, but just for arguments sake) are completely offset by FNs success in developing the rifle for the US military, having it adopted by the US and other military's, FNs marketing, FNs responsiveness to problems with the rifles, and parts support (which is still not great, but it sounds like it would be even harder for the XCR)... And in the end, we know that FNs probability of staying in business is much higher than a small custom company... Which means SCAR owners can be confident of long term support, as well as the slow but sure development of aftermarket SCAR parts / accessories, etc.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-14-13 at 20:20.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I have never seen one anywhere. I like the looks of it. Looks heavy though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mattg1024 View Post
    I have never seen one anywhere. I like the looks of it. Looks heavy though.
    +1, how about just a total lack of seeing them? It's hard to throw down good money on a rifle sight unseen that has a questionable customer service reputation.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast