Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valmet 62/S - Need help with value

Feedback Score

Valmet 62/S - Need help with value

I have an opportunity to purchase a Valmet 62/S in excellent+ condition. It has been sitting in a LGS for over a year, kind of hidden back in a corner. I need to know what it's worth. This one was imported by Interarms and has the ribbed pistol grip & handguard. It also has a tube stock and comes with a bayo. It's chambered for 7.62x39. I'm interested in real prepanic prices and not post panic speculation as I don't think the supply/demand of a rifle like this would be impacted by those who have just decided that they have to have a semiauto. Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's worth nothing. Which store did you say it was at?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Not sure on todays pre-stupid market, but a very rare bird for sure. Don't just leave us hanging...what did you give for it? You must be in BFE like me, this rifle wouldn't sit in many shops for a year...do it.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    I didn't buy it yet. They're asking $3500 for it which is obviously too much because its been there for a year. I'd like to have it if I can get it at a fair price, but it's not something that I'd be willing to pay a premium for.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If he has the box/papers I would be all over it! (If I wasn't in CT)
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    No box or papers. There is a 30rd mag inserted in the rifle, but I'm not sure if it's Finish or not.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That's a fair price for an early M62/S with the ribbed grip, tube stock and cheesegrater handguard. Assuming the pistol grip isn't cracked. Before the panic you couldn't touch a 7.62x39 milled Valmet for under 2,800 unless the owner didn't know what they had. Most people I know who are looking for one would buy it, no questions asked.

I'd offer them 3k cash and see if they bought. Then you'd have a good deal.
    Last edited by armakraut; 04-18-13 at 05:18.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    That's a fair price for an early M62/S with the ribbed grip, tube stock and cheesegrater handguard. Assuming the pistol grip isn't cracked. Before the panic you couldn't touch a 7.62x39 milled Valmet for under 2,800 unless the owner didn't know what they had. Most people I know who are looking for one would buy it, no questions asked.

I'd offer them 3k cash and see if they bought. Then you'd have a good deal.
    My thoughts exactly.

Feedback Score
    the bayonet is worth a couple hundred bucks. I'd say 3 grand would be a good bet.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    One of my grail guns... I would get it without even asking for a lower price!
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast