Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: How common is it for an upper not to fit a lower?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I too have had issues with Noveske lowers being out of spec. While Noveske makes great barrels, the lowers leave a lot to be desired.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

How common is it for an upper not to fit a lower?

OP how does this story end? Did this get squared away?

I have been using the search button because I've had some issues with tight lowers from two different companies. One helped one is out of business. I bought a pair of Charles Daly Defense lowers from G&R years ago and just built one up. I need to get a pair of digital calipers my eyes don't work well with the old mechanical set I have. One required a replacement takedown pin. I might try changing the TD pins on my other tight lower.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-03-17 at 18:47.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Upper is measuring 0.498, lower is 0.497. I got it together once, thinking it would wear in, but the rear pin wouldn't go through and I had to tap them apart. I'm calling the manufacturer of the upper in the morning, and have already e-mailed them.
    Sorry, it's your lower.

The spec for the gap between the lugs is .499 to .503 inch.

The spec for the upper lug width is .494 to .497.

The upper is just over the max for width but would fit in a spec lower. Even if they sent you another one the same thing may happen again.
    Last edited by lysander; 12-02-17 at 14:57. Reason: Forgot to add the thickness of the anodizing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lysander View Post
    Sorry, it's your lower.

The spec for the gap between the lugs is .499 to .503 inch.

The spec for the upper lug width is .494 to .497.

The upper is just over the max for width but would fit in a spec lower. Even if they sent you another one the same thing may happen again.
    This thread is three years old, I'm guessing the upper/lower fit issue was resolved.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    I have an Armalite upper that will not fit onto my Aero Precision lower. The back pin will not slide through. It seems to fit everything else I have but an Aero Lower. I will simply get another lower and build a new lower and swap things around until I get a good fit and leave it alone. I never need much of an excuse to buy a new lower. Problem solved. My guess is the original OP did the same thing.
    kwg
    Last edited by kwg020; 12-02-17 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I ended up backing my A5 buffer tube out a complete turn no issues now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Something tells me since several years have passed it's most likely been addressed or sold off in some panic.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    OP how does this etorybenr? Did this get squared away?

I have been using the search button because I've had some issues with tight lowers from two different companies. One helped one is out of business. I bought a pair of Charles Daly Defense lowers from G&R years ago and just built one up. I need to get a pair of digital calipers my eyes don't work well with the old mechanical set I have. One required a replacement takedown pin. I might try changing the TD pins on my other tight lower.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm sorry it took a while to update. I thought the issue resolved and I had said so, but I see not. Noveske deserves credit. They rebuilt the whole rifle, but I was scheduled to move. The stamp did not clear in time, and I was done messing with it and wasn't going to wait in a town I hated for a rifle. Noveske cut me a check for agreed upon value (we both agreed on the sum and I'm comfortable and pleased), and that ended it.

I have not bought a noveske since, but they did not screw me, and they made it right in my book. No bad blood.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011