Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTF pre-cautions

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've always been a proponent of the "only paperwork is green" style of business but when I made my last sale, it was a pistol I had purchased new so for a little extra security, I printed up a pair of sheets that stated that I was the legal owner of the gun, and I was selling it to the buyer, and that he was not barred in any way from having it. I included the serial # as well. We each signed and dated the sheets so we each had a copy, and I filed it away. I wasn't really worried as the guy was .mil but it was a bit of CYA for both of us to at least claim to be legit.

As far as asking for a carry permit as proof...Well, the idea of the gov't requiring a license to buy a gun seems to piss us all off, so why would I implement what I'm against? I'd just be validating the anti's argument for licensing and registration. There are lots of perfectly legit gun owners who don't have carry permits (even if they should).
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ampfizo View Post
    im in texas....and the buyer is in texas....as far as DL id goes...how would you if the buyer has a conviction or not....i talk to the buyer and inform me he has no chl but can provide me with a copy of his DL...1st time in open water you know..wana take all the pre cautions i can...

and thanks for the advice...
    If they have no CHL, transfer it through a Local FFL. Get paid before the date that the transfer will be done. Certified Funds. Meet at the transfering FFL or ship it to the local FFL. You don't want to transfer a gun to someone that can not pass the backround check.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfighter13 View Post
    If they have no CHL, transfer it through a Local FFL. Get paid before the date that the transfer will be done. Certified Funds. Meet at the transfering FFL or ship it to the local FFL. You don't want to transfer a gun to someone that can not pass the backround check.
    yeap...talk to the guy (buyer) to set up a ffl transfer. told him that i would even pay the transfer fee (subtract the fee from the selling price and ship it)
    after that he decided that he didnt want the deal anymore...

lesson learn here.......always listen to your second thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12