Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Switched to Electronic Cigarette

Feedback Score

Switched to Electronic Cigarette

I'm pretty sure this is the most appropriate place for this thread, so here goes.

I've been a smoker for awhile, since Sophomore year in college. The wife and I decided to switch to electronic cigarettes. We first tried the ones you can get at Walgreens or gas stations a few months ago and they did not cut the mustard.

Monday I picked up the other kind. The ones that, for lack of other reference, look more like a crack pipe with the refillable fluid reservoirs. Yesterday I smoked 1 full cigarette and two halves. Today, none.

Ultimately, I'd like to get off nicotine completely. For now, I'm spending a fraction of the money and have gotten rid of all the other nasty chemical compounds found in traditional cigarettes. I admit, they look ridiculous, but then again many say smoking cigarettes does as well. Lots of little side benefits too.

Anyone else with success stories with longer term use? Failure stories?

Feedback Score
    You're talking about the vapor shark? The one with the flavored liquids?

I know a few people that have used them to ween themselves off of cigarettes, I've contemplated using it as well

Good luck!
    Last edited by fssmikey; 04-17-13 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: Switched to Electronic Cigarette

I went to a blue CIG electronic cigarette for three months switching from the strong nicotine to eventually none just the flavoring. It worked for me. I haven't smoked a real cigarette for a year and five months. I quit the blu cig after using it for three months. I feel great now and my lungs thank me everytime I PT.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Myrideishot; 04-17-13 at 21:06.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by fssmikey View Post
    You're talking about the vapor shark? The one with the flavored liquids?

I know a few people that have used them to ween themselves off of cigarettes, I've contemplated using it as well

Good luck!
    Different brand but same idea. Works well for us so far. Neighbors and coworkers that gave it an honest try have reported similar

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post

I started smoking in high school & smoked for over 20 years. I'm athletic yet I really enjoyed smoking. It never seemed to slow me down. My wife, however, was very anti & my smoking was straining our relationship. I was sneaking behind her back & my days were planned around having a cigarette. Along came our 1st child & at that point I knew I had to quit. It took 2 go-arounds with Chantix but it worked. I've been smoke free for almost 2 years & I love it. I feel like I'm 23 again... with a few extra pounds.

You can do it but you gotta wanna. It's sooo worth it. Good luck bud!

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wife and I started using the V2 ecigs about a month or so back.

It cut our cigarette use by half within the first week and we're still at nearly the same mark. They really come in handy in the car or when the grandkids are around.

I still run to the real thing after meals though.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .46caliber View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the most appropriate place for this thread, so here goes.

I've been a smoker for awhile, since Sophomore year in college. The wife and I decided to switch to electronic cigarettes. We first tried the ones you can get at Walgreens or gas stations a few months ago and they did not cut the mustard.

Monday I picked up the other kind. The ones that, for lack of other reference, look more like a crack pipe with the refillable fluid reservoirs. Yesterday I smoked 1 full cigarette and two halves. Today, none.

Ultimately, I'd like to get off nicotine completely. For now, I'm spending a fraction of the money and have gotten rid of all the other nasty chemical compounds found in traditional cigarettes. I admit, they look ridiculous, but then again many say smoking cigarettes does as well. Lots of little side benefits too.

Friend of mine has been wanting to quit, and I got him the SmokeToLive cig. He's been very happy with it. Whether it leads to totally stopping, can't say yet for him, but he feels much better already he says. My understanding is some electronic cigs are better than others. See:

http://www.smoketolive.com/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Friend of mine has been wanting to quit, and I got him the SmokeToLive cig. He's been very happy with it. Whether it leads to totally stopping, can't say yet for him, but he feels much better already he says. My understanding is some electronic cigs are better than others. See:

http://www.smoketolive.com/
    From my limited experience, at least with local shops, they're kinda like AR receivers. Lots of brands, but only a few manufacturers.

The wife and I went to different shops. Same manufacturer, different brand and different generation.

This morning, I didn't even think about that last real cigarette in the car.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I had some friends that were trying to quit using an E-Cig but their results weren't so great, so I had reservations about trying one for myself. After a lot of consideration and research I went with a company called Halo. They sell all US made products and although they were a little more expensive (definitely not the most expensive out there though) I figured that after all the other things I tried what was another $75 to give it a shot?

After I got it, I definitely liked it quite a bit and being able to use it indoors was a plus. I could use it while I was in my bunk on the boat I work on and while inside running the dive rack without having to get somebody to relieve me. I did still smoke the cigarettes that I still had because I was still at the time trying to get over the mindset of "wasting" cigarettes. That mentality soon passed and although I did buy a pack or two over the next couple of months I never felt like I got the same satisfaction from them and realized I was finally over wanting to smoke.

All said and done, from the time I purchased my E-Cig to the time I finally quit smoking was just at 3 months and probably cost me $175 (the equivalent of 4 cartons down here). That was December of 2011 and I'm still smoke free. I still get a craving once in awhile and I don't believe that will ever subside and now if I'm around someone smoking it makes me nauseous just like my wife and friends used to bitch about.

Don't think that buying an E-Cig or using Chantix or gum or any other stop smoking aide is going to be a magic cure. I honestly believe you actually have to WANT to stop smoking before anything is going to help you. Recently I sent all the leftover equipment I had to my wife's aunt who wanted to stop and last I heard it was working for her too.

On top of it all, I used the money I wasn't wasting on all that shit to buy more Guns, Reloading supplies and Ammo. Definitely a better trade in my opinion. As always, good luck with your battle, I hope you can kick the habit.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I'll second motivation as the most important component. The urge will never go away completely, but luckily the intervals increase. In ten years off cigs they stretched to months. Mom caught dad sneaking some of mine after 25 years clean. Lively entertainment there.

Major stress events can trigger a what-the-hell attitude. My divorce made keeping healthy seem less important than frequent little smoke rewards.

Here are some ratings of e-cigs. I'm going with one of the top three.
    http://www.ecigshq.com/smoketip-review

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast