Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switched to Electronic Cigarette

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Never smoked here. My dad smokes til I was ten. Quit. Then started again around 10 years later. To this day I won’t go into his house because I don’t like smelling like shit when I leave. He’s so poor he can barely afford food but yet he has no issue going through 3 packs a day of cigarettes!

Can someone please explain the inability for people to quit? I know this has been beat to death but smoking isn’t like opiods. You can pop a few pills on the DL but smoking ruins clothes, causes coughing fits, smells terrible. You can’t exactly hide it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    I don't think it's new tech really, stage smoke ( that's what it is ) has been around for a very long time... The only difference, in my case at least is that it's raspberry flavoured. Nicotine is an option I abandoned long ago. I'm convinced it does me no harm, if anything it has done me good, I run up flights of stairs these days without giving it a thought.

My doctor does not like vaping but was not able to give a clear reason why, he declined my press up challenge.
    Not sure what you define as a long time, but large scale usage is not that old and it often takes decades to actually see the effects of something. If it's between smoking and vaping, then vaping seems the best option. End of the day you're putting suspended particles of various chems into your lungs don't need, so if one has the choice, smoking or vaping is best avoided. Med express generally good source for non scientists:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-...rs-vaping.html

We all have our bad habits we could and should probably quit, but we also have live our lives with some balance. Me, I should give up the whisky I enjoy once a week, but frankly, don't really want to.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Never smoked here. My dad smokes til I was ten. Quit. Then started again around 10 years later. To this day I won’t go into his house because I don’t like smelling like shit when I leave. He’s so poor he can barely afford food but yet he has no issue going through 3 packs a day of cigarettes!

Can someone please explain the inability for people to quit? I know this has been beat to death but smoking isn’t like opiods. You can pop a few pills on the DL but smoking ruins clothes, causes coughing fits, smells terrible. You can’t exactly hide it.
    People I have known who have had to get off both, or other, often say smoking was the worst of them all. I can't vouch for that, but the reasons are all the usual reasons. My story on that one:

https://brinkzone.com/f-ing-cigs/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

The inability of people being able to quit is because they have not tried vaping.

Feedback Score
    Just quit cold turkey. No replacement crutch. I did it. You can to. Anything less is an excuse.
    Are you going to let a little cigarette have control over you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Just quit cold turkey. No replacement crutch. I did it. You can to. Anything less is an excuse.
    Are you going to let a little cigarette have control over you?
    I did that too, but after 6 months I was a fat bastard, so I went back to the cigs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarion View Post
    I went to a red CIG e-cig for three several weeks changing from the powerful smoking to gradually none just the flavor. It proved helpful for me. I haven't used a actual smoke for a year and five several weeks. I stop the blu cig after using it for three several weeks. I experience much better now and my respiratory system thank me whenever I PT.
    I smoked for 42 years. I tried vaping three years ago and never looked back. I don't cough any more, the house does not stink, and it saves me a fortune, I think it has saved my life......... The nice thing about it is that I never had to give anything up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123