Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Switched to Electronic Cigarette

Feedback Score
    I went to a red CIG e-cig for three several weeks changing from the powerful smoking to gradually none just the flavor. It proved helpful for me. I haven't used a actual smoke for a year and five several weeks. I stop the blu cig after using it for three several weeks. I experience much better now and my respiratory system thank me whenever I PT.

Feedback Score
    I smoked for 42 years. I tried vaping three years ago and never looked back. I don't cough any more, the house does not stink, and it saves me a fortune, I think it has saved my life......... The nice thing about it is that I never had to give anything up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    I smoked for 42 years. I tried vaping three years ago and never looked back. I don't cough any more, the house does not stink, and it saves me a fortune, I think it has saved my life......... The nice thing about it is that I never had to give anything up.
    While e cigs may be lesser evil compared to smoking, they're far from safe in that you're not giving anything up:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321960.php
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)

Public Health England concludes 95% less harmful

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...andmark-review

Key findings of the review include:

- the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking
    - nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking
    - there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...andmark-review

Key findings of the review include:

- the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking
    - nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking
    - there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers
    If accurate, that's a damn good reduction in potential harm done.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I have yet to hear of anyone being killed by vaping.

The hate comes from ignorance and the tobacco industry.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 06-27-19 at 15:23.

Feedback Score
    Started vaping at college, such a social vaping Started with e-cigs now I am all into cbd vape (THC free of course), it is not addictive and improves quality of sleep rather effectively. I know a lot of guys who quit smoking this way, I personally see more pros than cons in vaping.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleKohl View Post
    Started vaping at college, such a social vaping Started with e-cigs now I am all into cbd vape (THC free of course), it is not addictive and improves quality of sleep rather effectively. I know a lot of guys who quit smoking this way, I personally see more pros than cons in vaping.
    What are the cons ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    I have yet to hear of anyone being killed by vaping.

The hate comes from ignorance and the tobacco industry.
    It's a new tech, and data not what it could be and should be. To simply ignore that " hate and ignorance and the tobacco industry" is short sited and a bad idea. It may indeed be vastly safer than smoking (I'm spectacle of the 95% safer number above) but there's no free lunch in human biology. If one can avoid vaping or smoking, that's best policy, but vaping appears preferable to smoking.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It's a new tech, and data not what it could be and should be. To simply ignore that " hate and ignorance and the tobacco industry" is short sited and a bad idea. It may indeed be vastly safer than smoking (I'm spectacle of the 95% safer number above) but there's no free lunch in human biology. If one can avoid vaping or smoking, that's best policy, but vaping appears preferable to smoking.
    I don't think it's new tech really, stage smoke ( that's what it is ) has been around for a very long time... The only difference, in my case at least is that it's raspberry flavoured. Nicotine is an option I abandoned long ago. I'm convinced it does me no harm, if anything it has done me good, I run up flights of stairs these days without giving it a thought.

My doctor does not like vaping but was not able to give a clear reason why, he declined my press up challenge.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 06-28-19 at 10:57.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast