Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: XS Big Dot Sights?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    I respect everyone's opinion in this thread, and I noted in my first post that there were polar opinions where these sights are concerned. I can't speak for everyone but maybe when someone uses the word "better", it means better for them, and them only. We all vary greatly in our sensory make-up....people see things and learn things differently, there is no "one way". If someone shoots "better" with these sights then fine..if they shoot worse with them don't use them. I mentioned that I like the front and am working to get comfortable with the rear. "Better" doesn't have to mean across the board...maybe just better for that individual. It doesn't boil down to just those with decreased visual acuity....the information that our eyes take in is passed to the brain, when it is processed and there is a vast difference in how information is processed between individuals. If these sights help someone shoot better, then aren't they "better" for that individual? I know I'm brand new here, and I mean no disrespect to anyone, but things are not always black and white.
    What's asked is 'what's the definition of better'?

Some people think that firing 5 rounds in 5 seconds is fast. Then they are those that know better. Which is right?
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Quit framing the discussion in competition/square range terms and maybe you'll understand. An anatomy book might help.
    I didnt see his comment as being framed as a comp/square range question at all. Some of us dont work in an environment where a shot anywhere on a suspect counts. If you cant say if you can put rounds on a certain target area how can you say you can put them where an anatomy books says is a good place to put them?

Your comments remind me of trainers in my agency that advocate point shooting and just getting hits on suspects. I train myself and others that each shot should be viewed as a proverbal hostage rescue shot. If you permit yourself to be loose with shots in training, the same thing is going to occurr on the street.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    What's asked is 'what's the definition of better'?

Some people think that firing 5 rounds in 5 seconds is fast. Then they are those that know better. Which is right?

No. What was asked is how are "these" sights better than "other" sights. There is no "best" for everyone. We are all different. It will vary among individual user. If someone shoots "better" with them why do you care? Your definition of better has no bearing on their definition of better. I don't have a dog in the fight but it seems that any positive comments made abut these sights are met with venom. Live and let live. If you don't run these sights why do you care if I or others like them?

Again let me state, I'm here to learn, not to burn bridges, but the first step to learning is to realize there is no "one way", so I tend to question concrete statements or views. No disrespect intended.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Again let me state, I'm here to learn, not to burn bridges, but the first step to learning is to realize there is no "one way", so I tend to question concrete statements or views. No disrespect intended.
    You're fine dude.

We're all aware (at least most of us are) that there is no "one way" but rather multiple ways. As long as people here are sharing their first hand experience and expressing their opinions based on that first hand experience we're all good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456