Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire X300 On AR15/M16

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedimac View Post
    I have been thinking about using one of these x300 for my 16" ar for home def., what part of the rail would be an ideal choice to mount and would the 16" lenght of barrel interfer with the light beam?...
    If anyone is using this on a 16" barrel and you have pics, you wouldn't kindly mind posting them for me, would you. Thanks everyone for your time.
    Both ar 16" midlength carbines with 12" handguards (top is a older JP & the other is a Vltor VIS. This set up gives you a midlength sight radius and an optimal light placement for the x300. The light is set between your bore and sights/optic. The x300 does not interfere with the sight picture nor does it obscure the target, even when used in conjunction with an Eotech without a riser. I also think the forward 12:00 o'clock light placement could/would help reduce white light AD's without making the light dificult to activate. Of course, your mileage may vary.

The x300 should be on everyone's short list. It is a fantastic light.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post
    Both ar 16" midlength carbines with 12" handguards (top is a older JP & the other is a Vltor VIS. This set up gives you a midlength sight radius and an optimal light placement for the x300. The light is set between your bore and sights/optic. The x300 does not interfere with the sight picture nor does it obscure the target, even when used in conjunction with an Eotech without a riser. I also think the forward 12:00 o'clock light placement could/would help reduce white light AD's without making the light dificult to activate. Of course, your mileage may vary.

The x300 should be on everyone's short list. It is a fantastic light.

My only problem at 12:00 position is I don't have folding front site, so I was thinking either at 3:00 since im right handed or at 6:00 position with a tango down vert grip, I just have the standard sight that came from the factory, I was originally just going to buy a SF 6P Defender and put on it, then after reading specs on SF website I realized that might not be a good idea, so I saw the new x300 and it was like a light went on in my head and I saw it and said to myself thats it thats the one, so I think I made my mind up now to take a drive over to G&R and see if Grant has any in stock. Nice Rifles by the way. So do you think the 3:00 or 6:00 position would hurt at all or is mearly preference of the shooter?

Thanks for your help and pics to everyone
    "They can have my gun, when they pry it from my cold dead fingers"

Feedback Score
    There are rails that will allow you to mount the light as such without removing the foxed front sight.

Look for the DD 12.0 FSP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SethB View Post
    There are rails that will allow you to mount the light as such without removing the foxed front sight.

Look for the DD 12.0 FSP
    Nice rail, that looks to be the ticket for me, thanks for the info
    "They can have my gun, when they pry it from my cold dead fingers"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post

[
    That upper looks familiar!
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    That upper looks familiar!
    It should; I stole it from you. In fact, let me know when you sell this upper's replacement. Isn't it about that time?

Jedimac,

I have not used the DD 12.0 FSP, but I would not hesitate to do so if I had a fixed FSB. VTAC/JP also offers a handguard for carbines with a fixed FSB.

Feedback Score
    Here is how I mounted mine.

Feedback Score
    Well, I came across a killer deal on a M600A Scout Light. So, I'm using it for now, but I may still buy a X300, and compare the two. I wish the X300 had more tailcap options. Although, apparently Surefire is supposed to be releasing some shortly.

AllanRR you have inspired me to order a UBR for my 10.5" MRP. I have a SOPMOD on it now, which I really like. Once the UBR comes in, I'll compare the two, and sell whichever one I don't use.

LMT MRP CQB 10.5" - KAC QDSS-NT4
    Ops Inc 12th Model
    Para Black Ops 8+1
    Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
    Remington 870P 14" SBS
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical - AAC Pilot
    S&W M&P340
    S&W M&P40

Feedback Score
    A fixed front sight base gets pretty hot after a few rounds. Anyone have a problem burning their support side thumb/hand on the fixed FSB when activating an X300 mounted at 12 o'clock on an extended rail?

Feedback Score
    I think I am going to hold off on the X300 until the XM tailcap with tape switch becomes more available. Even then, I'm not sure I will switch. I am pretty happy with the M600A Scout Light.

LMT MRP CQB 10.5" - KAC QDSS-NT4
    Ops Inc 12th Model
    Para Black Ops 8+1
    Remington 700 AAC-SD .308
    Remington 870P 14" SBS
    Ruger 10/22 Tactical - AAC Pilot
    S&W M&P340
    S&W M&P40

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast