Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Surefire X300 On AR15/M16

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    forgive me...

is this the faulty XT switch in question?

or the new one?

or a different switch entirely?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...pe-switch.html
    Its the one pictured in my post on page 1. And also the switch on SMGLee's rifle.

I doubt mine is the "new one" since they broke a year ago. From what I gather from Surefire, the redesigned one should be ready at the "end of the month." But as I said, they've said that to me for a year.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by modavis7722 View Post
    how did you get that light mounted on the forend without a rail system
    Two-part epoxy. Yeah, the light doesn't QD anymore but so what, at least it's not going anywhere.

Kidding

I used one of these

Feedback Score

Talking

You seriously had me going for a moment! I was like, forget that, im not epoxying anything to my weapon. Good one.... Thanks for the reply. Any other options that you know about. I was thinking about getting a SF rail system, but id rather save the money for an Eotech

Feedback Score
    Got an X300 with LT mount recently and put it on my trusty LMT. Very impressive light.

With my weak hand on the FUG I can hit the X300 switch easily with my index finger, but I'm still keeping an eye out for different "redesigned" switch options from Surefire.

GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Federale View Post
    Its the one pictured in my post on page 1. And also the switch on SMGLee's rifle.

I doubt mine is the "new one" since they broke a year ago. From what I gather from Surefire, the redesigned one should be ready at the "end of the month." But as I said, they've said that to me for a year.

this is what I have been told.

One other thing about my broken switch, I will have to completely remove my LaRue mount in order to removve the switch cap.....sigh!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Word is that the revised XT switches have been released, and those dealers that have them ordered should be receiving theirs soon if they havent already.
    They reportedly have the same controls as the standard X300 switch which have replaced the toggle switch on the older version, and there is a plug-in point for the included SR tapeswitch.

Luckily I found my broken XT swich and sent it off to SF last week, so hopefully my replacement will show up soon....

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Word is that the revised XT switches have been released, and those dealers that have them ordered should be receiving theirs soon if they havent already.
    They reportedly have the same controls as the standard X300 switch which have replaced the toggle switch on the older version, and there is a plug-in point for the included SR tapeswitch.

Luckily I found my broken XT swich and sent it off to SF last week, so hopefully my replacement will show up soon....
    This is correct. I got confirmation that I have 20 of these coming to me now!

C4

Feedback Score

X300 - Hard to get on and off

I had the same problem.

If you look at the top to the X300 you will notice 6 screws - 3 on each side.

Use an allen wrench to open these, put the unit on the rifle, and then slightly tighten the screws.

I found this made getting it on and off very easy to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post

I guess that those of us who have had ours back for repair/replacement over a year ago (yes, I just recently passed my one year anniversary) might actually see them sometime "before the end of the month" this time - for real.
    Last edited by Federale; 06-04-08 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My replacement XT07 showed up today. For those concerned about the strength of the new XT's locking "Tab" which was the most common issue on the older version, they have re-enforced the tab with a metal insert to protect it from snapping off. Looks like it should hold up just fine.

I threw the XT/X300 set-up on my MRP to see how it feels, and I think my M900 is gonna have to sit the bench for a while. A zip tie or two,
    some FDE rail ladders, and a little Coyote Alumahide to the LaRue F.U.G. and tapeswitch panel and it should be just about perfect:

I actually think I prefer the standard pressure switch over the SR switch:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast