Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope suggestions

Feedback Score

Scope suggestions

I usually hang out on the NFA side of this blog, but have a question for a semi-auto weapon. I recently purchased a Serbu BFG-50A semi-auto 50 caliber. I'm looking for suggestions on what scope would be best for the weapon, and at what magnification, using 647 gr ball ammo. This is for precision shooting at 1,000 yards or more. Right now I'm looking at US Optics scopes, an SN-3. Who knows what would be the best scope for the ranges I hope to shoot at?

Also what make of rangefinder works well for this type of shooting?
    May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What's your budget for the optics?

Feedback Score
    I know it's going to cost me several thousand. Not too worried about cost.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Premier Reticles: Heritage 5-25x56mm Tactical with Gen 2 XR reticle.

This will be my next scope. No tunneling like S&B, brighter glass than USO (mine and many firend's opnions). It also has MTC which is actually a USO patent that they pay rights to. The USO 5-25x would also be nice, but actually would cost more than the Premier after all the added features, and take over 3+ months to build.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a like new MK4 M5 6.5x22 im not using if your interested. Also on the range finder its the leica 1600 or the sworoski. I use the 1600 and it ranges to 1800 on a new battery.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    The premier heritage scope looks really nice. Price of 3400 dollars but you get what you pay for. I'm going to have close to 15,000 in this gun before it's all over. A lot less than my Colt Thompson but damn.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinvet View Post
    The premier heritage scope looks really nice. Price of 3400 dollars but you get what you pay for. I'm going to have close to 15,000 in this gun before it's all over. A lot less than my Colt Thompson but damn.
    obviously you have more money than, uh, other things...

seriously though, if I was prepared to sink $3500 into a scope, I would at least have a perfect idea of what I was trying to accomplish and the requirements of that. there are a lot of choices out there, all somewhat different, for good reason.

that said, I would contact a specialized seller with a good history in this area and price range. visit them if you can. ask their opinion. ask them if they would allow you exchange items (in new condition) to find something you like. there aren't that many retailers that will allow you to do this but buyers remorse sucks.

good luck...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    If money are not a significant factor, I would look not further than there:

http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/pr...iilpmtclt.html

Rangefinder for up to 2000 yards:

http://en.leica-camera.com/sport_opt...ew/Geovid_new/
    Last edited by montrala; 03-20-13 at 15:54.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Send a PM to Orkan. He has a pretty damn good understanding of all the high end scopes and what are best for what you hope to accomplish.

Feedback Score
    PM sent to Orkan. I'm leaning towards the Premier Heritage scope at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast