Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BO Truck Gun

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Rem 870 with top fold stock and man-bag. I can keep it low vis and you can always use a 12 gauge.....

Also ammo is super easy to find anywhere......well most of the time...... worse case bird shot will kill at close range.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

BO Truck Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome1228 View Post
    By the time you do all of that to an SKS, you could have just bought an AK!
    "I'd agree with the ak over the sks, but I'm getting such a good trade deal I can't pass the opportunity up. Also it's cheaper than what an ak would be if it was ever stolen. Also ohio has a law dealing with loaded mags needing to be in a seperate compartment. It fails to mention stripper clips. With that being said, I can store the rifle and ammo side by side and not get in trouble." -OP

I was just stating the benefits of the SKS because of what the OP said....
    Last edited by Scrubber3; 04-25-13 at 04:10.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Considering we all live in different spots, no one else considers it irresponsible to leave a weapon in your car unsecured?

I have thought about a truck gun a lot, but without a safe I just cant take the risk.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    I keep a home- built AR15 SBR in a locked DuHa underseat gun storage container. It fits under the rear seat of my F150.

http://www.duhastorage.com/

I like the looks of that storage container... But does it have a lid or anything? I can see all that crap hitting me in the head in a wreck or rollover.

...or would the seat just hold in all down?
    Last edited by Pinmonkey05; 04-25-13 at 08:14.

Feedback Score
    As for the truck gun.
    I wouldn't buy any other platform then the one you currently run.

If its an AR 15 or whatever. Buy another. That way you standardize your mags, ammo, cleaning kits, ammo carriers... and on and on. Other family members only have to familiarize themselves with one style.

Opting for a cheap Sks verses spending more for a like caliber/style that you currently own does not sound like a good idea in todays market/availability.
    Last edited by Pinmonkey05; 04-25-13 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubber3 View Post
    "I'd agree with the ak over the sks, but I'm getting such a good trade deal I can't pass the opportunity up. Also it's cheaper than what an ak would be if it was ever stolen. Also ohio has a law dealing with loaded mags needing to be in a seperate compartment. It fails to mention stripper clips. With that being said, I can store the rifle and ammo side by side and not get in trouble." -OP

I was just stating the benefits of the SKS because of what the OP said....
    That makes sense. I guess in this case it's less about what's the right gun for this purpose, and more of "I cant pass up the deal, so I'm going to find a use for it".

Personally, if it was just too good of a deal to pass up, I would just buy it and shoot the shit out of it until I got bored and either stick it in the safe or sell it. If I was really in need of a gun for a specific purpose, I would make sure that gun fits the need and not just make do.

But hey, I understand that not everyone has the financial resources to buy whatever they want.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Truck guns can be anything your proficient with which has proven reliable over a couple cases of ammo. My main concerns is rust on the rifle and the effect vibration/heat has on the ammunition.

One can either remove the rifle from the vehicle daily providing maintenance when needed (Recommended) or if the rifle is going to stay locked in over a extended period of time then a stainless version might be the wises choice if weekly inspections cant be done.

But we all know that heat and vibration can kill ammo stored in such conditions as found in a moving or sitting vehicle so this consideration has to be addressed. I personally keep a Black hawk rifle bandoleer with four rifle magazines and two pistol magazines that I place and remove everyday from the vehicle when taking a rifle on a long trip.

In reality there is no bad choice in a truck gun as long as you have a reliable rifle in a effective caliber, quality ammo and a good maintenance schedule. Its more want your comfortable with once the above conditions are met.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Texpatriate View Post
    I have a DuHa under the backseat of my silverado. It's a pretty good system. I've got a bcm ar-15, a Remington 11-87, and a weatherby mark v in .270 back there during the hunting season, and just the BCM once the season ends. I have loaded pmags in the vehicle but the can't be stored in the same compartment as the gun due to TN gun laws.
    If you have a TN Handgun Carry Permit, you can. From tn.gov:

Public Chapter 431 – Loaded Rifles and Shotguns in Vehicles – This act allows a person with a handgun carry permit to possess a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun in a privately owned vehicle. The act provides that the weapon cannot have ammunition in the chamber except in the case that an individual permit holder feels physically threatened. Effective Date: June 12, 2009

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've simplified my whole gun collection to pretty much ak type rifles anyways. So for me this gun makes sense, where it uses the same caliber. I'm really familiar with these rifles as well.

Feedback Score

BO Truck Gun

I keep a mossberg 500 in our cattle truck, it's good for the occasional snake, and whatever else desires to get in my way

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast