Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holloway Arms HAC7, The Basics

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great info. Thank you again for posting this. Would you mind taking a few photos of the inside of the receiver? Any idea why the cover over the cam pin cutout is removable? Is it supposed to be a replaceable part in the event the cam pin wears it over time?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing. It is always interesting to see designs of weapons that might have been forgotten.
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Feedback Score
    Josh,

The cam pin cutout cover is not removable. It's actually riveted on. As mentioned above, unfortunately the covers do work loose after time. I've seen a number of these cover reinstalled, sometimes poorly or better then the factory install. If the rifle was made today, with modern manufacturing technics, a cover would not be needed.

I'll try to get pictures of the receiver later today.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Great info. Thank you again for posting this. Would you mind taking a few photos of the inside of the receiver? Any idea why the cover over the cam pin cutout is removable? Is it supposed to be a replaceable part in the event the cam pin wears it over time?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thank you for sharing, I love stuff like this.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks for the photos and writeup.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Very cool ESK. Where were these rifles made and were they only offered in 308?

Feedback Score
    The rifles were introduced to the market in 1984, but then the company went belly up in 1985. Holloway Arms was located in the Ft. Worth, Texas area.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedcomrade View Post
    Very cool ESK. Where were these rifles made and were they only offered in 308?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    The rifles were introduced to the market in 1984, but then the company went belly up in 1985. Holloway Arms was located in the Ft. Worth, Texas area.
    Thanks. I think I remember seeing ads for these rifles in mags back in the eighties. Very cool blast from the past.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    ESK, thanks for sharing.

I wish more members would do stuff like this with unique and rare weapons.

Feedback Score
    I put off looking until I had time to really look it over. Thanks, that was interesting. I like these guns that show bits and pieces from different designs put together in a little different way, with twists of their own. Neat stuff.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast