Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holloway Arms HAC7, The Basics

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." President Ronald Regan

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    excellent thread, been holding off until I had some time to actually read it. This has been very informative, these have always been interesting, never got to actually see the guts and get this much info on them.

Feedback Score
    For those that are interested, here is a video of the HAC-7 of both disassembly and shooting with some slo-mo of the bolt in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ih6NEE6Rs
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Great info. Thank you again for posting this. Would you mind taking a few photos of the inside of the receiver? Any idea why the cover over the cam pin cutout is removable? Is it supposed to be a replaceable part in the event the cam pin wears it over time?
    He explains this in the video as a manufacturing item and that was not supposed to be removed but the rivets would wear out.
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    Where would you get magazines for it? Or are you modifying your own?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocLab View Post
    For those that are interested, here is a video of the HAC-7 of both disassembly and shooting with some slo-mo of the bolt in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ih6NEE6Rs
    Cool video. He mentions the malfunctions in the video; I wonder if his magwell/mag support hand grip was a contributing factor.

Feedback Score
    Josh,

Some of the mentioned malfunctions were light-strikes. In the video they show them using the Firing Pin Return Spring. I never use the spring on my rifle and never had a problem with light-strikes. Plus, the action is smooth and slow, so I don't think they would encounter slam-fires with the existing design.

Eric

Feedback Score
    Great pics, thanks for posting them!

I remember the HAC ads from the mid-80's. What happened to the rifles that the TX NG got? Back on the market/destroyed, what?

And what happened to Bob Holloway, did he just give on further firearm design and manufacture? He must have been an interesting person.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    Robert Holloway is living quite comfortably in the Pacific Northwest. He’s working for a major oil company and travels the world. On the side, he still dabbles in gun design. I think someday we'll see Bob's name pop-up in the gun industry again.

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Great pics, thanks for posting them!

I remember the HAC ads from the mid-80's. What happened to the rifles that the TX NG got? Back on the market/destroyed, what?

And what happened to Bob Holloway, did he just give on further firearm design and manufacture? He must have been an interesting person.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    Josh,

Some of the mentioned malfunctions were light-strikes. In the video they show them using the Firing Pin Return Spring. I never use the spring on my rifle and never had a problem with light-strikes. Plus, the action is smooth and slow, so I don't think they would encounter slam-fires with the existing design.

Eric
    Very interesting. Thanks for the follow up info. This is really an interesting platform with some very unique design attributes. Would be cool if the HAC-7 was resurrected one day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast