Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

Haley Strategic Partners recently released their D3 Chest Rig. As with most things that Travis puts out/endorses, it appears to be a very well thought out, mission adaptable, moderately priced (approximately $170 per HSP.com) piece of kit. I was also very happy to hear that Extreme Gear Labs was collaborating with HSP on this project.

I can really appreciate the 7 color options, the versatility of the pouches, and the hook and loop panel on the rear of the rig for expedient donning/doffing without the fastex buckles.

Looks like a great option, for those with an applicable mission set, for use with an RGF LVR, Mayflower's Low Profile Armor Carriers, Numerous FS and/or TYR items, etc...

Your thoughts? Has anyone received/tested one?

From HaleyStrategic.com - "The new D3 Chest Rig has 4 primary magazine pouches that can carry AR-15, AK-74, or AK-47 magazines. It has 2 secondary magazine pouches that can accept single or double stack magazines, flashlights, multi-tools, or other similarly sized items. There are two general purpose pouches that are sized to accept the HSP INCOG holster so that the D3 can be used to carry a handgun. It also has an extremely versatile STUFFIT™ pouch which is a very popular option on EGL chest rigs."

Below is the Travis' video promo about the D3;

http://youtu.be/H1o1iN90nYQ

Below is a review by JerkTheTrigger.com;

https://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/2...-d3-chest-rig/
    Last edited by HighSpeedDreams; 04-23-13 at 21:26. Reason: Booger Hook on the Bang Switch
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    I wish this was released sooner. I'm taking Adaptive Carbine 1 on the 2nd-4th and would have loved to get this in time. Looks well thought out. I like that the INCOG will fit. Looking forward to some more reviews.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm waiting on a black one in the mail as an active shooter rig that will attach to my PC.

Once I get it, I'll run some drills with it and see how it goes. I've been looking for a decent rig that holds 4 - 5 single mags across the chest. Read through some on the info on it and figured I'd give it a shot. I was actually surprised to be able to pick one up, as I thought they would be out of stock on day 1.

From what I've seen on it through HSP's site and his FB pics.... there's nothing ground breaking about it, it's just a well thought out design that seems to make sense.

It may not be for everyone, as there's no room for a radio pouch or an IFAK... but most LE are at least carrying a radio already on their 1st line gear.

I planning on taking a Disruptive Environments Night pistol and I figured I could run it there too - but unless I can scrounge up the rounds (1200 pistol) I won't be attending :-(
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 04-24-13 at 22:16.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

I'm sure it's fantastic kit like everything else from Extreme Gear Labs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The thing arrived today... it comes with the standard H harness straps. But... I'd like to attach it directly to the PC using fastex buckles. In all the pics, the D3 connects to a Velocity PC by way of SwiftClip buckles. But for those left with out a Velocity PC - I'm not aware of a method on how to connect this thing to the PC.

Hopefully you all can help. I'm searching for a Fastex style buckle that allows for a male part to attach vertically.... but (here's the kicker) it connects to the horizontal molle webbing.

I've included a pic for illustration because I know I'd need it if I was reading this post.

Every buckle I've seen that connects to a horizontal molle webbing is also a horizontal buckle.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 04-26-13 at 15:10.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruin View Post
    Yes it is.... THANKS!

That's exactly why I posted it here. I appreciate the quick response. Once I get this rig up and running I'll post some pics and a quick review.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like that the whole pouch unit, so to speak, can be unbuckled and attached to a Plate carrier. Personally that would allow me to have it mounted to my soft armor, then when needed, unclip it and toss it on my plate armor. ( I then have the option to run the plates directly over my soft armor with out switching the soft armor carrier. ) My only gripe is that it comes fully configured. If it was more user adaptable I would be all over this.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Also Velocity Systems makes a set of Swift Clips that adds the buckles where you need em for this rig.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can someone recommend a good hydration unit that works well with the D3.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast