Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

Feedback Score

Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

I'm sure the ATS carrier will work. Not sure of the specific name.

Feedback Score
    I got a multicam D3 rig this week. I emptied my go bag, eliminating non essential items and replaced it with the D3. I am working a double today that is going very slowly so I have had time to work with the D3 a little. Sitting in my cruiser it is easy to slip this rig on and roll out if need be. I really like the low pro design of the D3. Much better then slinging a bulky go-bag over my shoulder.

Mine is set up with 4 rifle mags, 1 pocket smoke, 1 regular smoke, 2 chemlights, 2 door chalks, leatherman and 2 spare 2302 batteries. I still have one GP pouch with nothing in it. I am in hopes to get to the range soon and continue testing the D3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    Yes it is.... THANKS!

That's exactly why I posted it here. I appreciate the quick response. Once I get this rig up and running I'll post some pics and a quick review.
    Are you going to run it on a Banshee? I have a Banshee and am interested in the D3. Looking forward to your review

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Stupid question but i am wondering if the pouches are user configurable?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Stupid question but i am wondering if the pouches are user configurable?
    No they are not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Haley Strategic; D3 Chest Rig

Got to check this thing out, it's pretty gnarly. The removable front panel could come in handy (think vehicles).

I've really liked the Kryptek camo for awhile now, and seeing Typhon in person proved it to be a lot less mall-ninja then I'd imagined. It's actually a pretty nice color - particularly at night time. Makes the chest rig look invisible.

I posted a couple pics in the thread below, and can post more later if anyone is interested.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ok here's a quick review - pics to follow. I am running this on a Banshee PC.

Initial impressions. The rig is built right. Great stitching all around, good cuts on the nylon, velcro is secured right and the shock cord retention tabs secure your stuff with out being too tight. Overall a great little rig. The two GP pouches on either side aren't that big, so don't assume you're going to be packing on your poggie bait candy, monters, and god knows what else everyone stuffs in those things. The GP pouches could easily hold a small IFAK (CAT and Israeli bandage) or a PVS14.

I very well remove the shock cord for the mags, as I prefer quicker access. They feel secure without the cord so it all boils down to person preference.

The pistol mag carriers can hold a variety of stuff, obviously mags, flash lights, and I even stuffed a CAT in one of them just to see if it fit.

The velcro backing comes in handy if your PC has velcro exposed. I have a Banshee which does not come with velcro on the cummerbund flap. I very well may bring it to an alterations lady and see if they can secure some velro in between the PALS loops to give the rig a more secure environment.

My only issue (probably because I wasn't prepared) is attaching it to a chest rig. Out of the box, the D3 rig does not come with the necessary attachment points to be able to secure it to a plate carrier. As a result you will need to purchase some buckles. I've been talking with Chris from Down Range Gear and he's suggested picking up some ITW QASM (as mentioned above by a member here) You will need a few different items.

I'm in no way affiliated with DRG - but I've found through searching that they have everything you need to get your D3 (or any rig for that matter) secured on your armor.

Here's what I got : QASM Vertical Connector - This connects the two vertical buckles on the top of the rig to my PC

and here's what I need to get : ITW Nexus GT QASM - 1” This is a female buckle that I'll secure to the PALS webbing on my cummerbund.
    The D3 comes with female buckles - so I will need to remove those from the D3 and replace them with these: ITW Nexus GTSR Split Bar Latch - 1”

There are other mounting solutions out there and I very well may pick up some of their 1” PALS Shock Cord Anchor so that I can figure out which mounting solution works best.

All in all those buckles aren't that expensive, but it may come as a surprise to some if they assume they are getting an out of the box good to go rig to attach to their PC.

If you already have all the necessary buckles (I obviously didn't) then you're good to go. Or if you are just going to run the rig slick with the included straps then you're definitely good to go.

Hope this helps some of you out there.

I specifically didn't include links to any of the products - just go on their site and poke around. If you find other mounting solutions - definitely share!

The right pouch (left in picture) has an Israeli bandage exposed so you can see it fit easily. I couldn't get a CAT in there. Stuffit holds whatever, I managed a radio and one of the pistol pouches effectively holds a CAT if you would ever want it there.

This shows the two QASM Vertical Connectors

This shows the two buckles that would either need to be replaced - or you would need to find a male buckle that can directly attach to MOLLE.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 05-04-13 at 01:01.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    ZONE ONE,

Before you up and cut your rig b/c you cant find necessary hardware,

contact me at eglabsinfo@gmail.com, for an adaptor buckle kit

THE D3CR was designed as a standalone kit to be worn with the included shoulder harness, with secondary ability to hook up with a velcro loop / top buckle equipped PC. All the descriptive text states this, so if you dont have one of these PCs with those particular features, then there is a bit of configuring required.

I just built up a D3CR connection kit for a Paraclete Releaseable PC last night, so it is possible to do
    Last edited by eggroll; 05-04-13 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I won't be cutting anything on the D3 - just removing the female buckles and simply sliding on male buckles. But, you have an e-mail in bound.

But when I read "the Disruptive Environment Chest Rig was built to be worn as a stand alone system with a detachable H-harness or clipped into a armor platform equipped with a quick release system." I see it as either or... not a primary and then optional secondary function. But you designed it - so you know best.

Not everyone has a PC that comes w/ all the necessary buckles. So, that's why I went into detail about the options I found. I knew going into it that I would have to get some buckles.... the hardest part is figuring out what works the best.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 05-04-13 at 15:38.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    Paraclete Releaseable PC - SAPI type ACU

This PC fit medium USGI pattern SAPI plates.

this was an interesting case since theres a mix of even and odd number of vertical PALS channels on the front face and cummerbund flap, with no velcro loop field to which to mate against.

Modification required for Direct Attach method.

2 x QASM buckles to allow for top buckle retention. These are FEMALE halves that are mated with a piece of 1" webbing which is threaded through one ROW of PALS. You must have 4 (FOUR) vertical PALS channels of space between QASM placement. 3 or 5 will not allow for proper width interfacing

4 x buckle webbing straps to attach against a cummerbund or back panel. There is a kit from Velocity system that uses a plastic C-hook to attach to a row of webbing. you can see these mounted in the pictured D3CR. I use the ITW steel G Hooks to attach to webbing.

lastly a patch of LOOP velcro to affix to the front of the PC with either zipties or MALICE clips. I usually make these in a 5 x 6" shape to fit even PALS or wider to fit odd number of channels. The hook field on the rear of the D3CR is approximately 7.5 inches wide by 6 inches tall.

Background concepts.

Lightweight, low physical volume displacement, minimized material use, while maximizing functional utility for the user. An original design tenet was to be able to wear the rig under mandresses or Hoodys/concealing garments

1) This rig was designed to be worn in a "chest rig" fashion with the shoulder harness either with or without a worn armor package. This allows for the greatest flexibility in degree and manner of employment, whether High Ride, Mid Ride or Low Ride LBE style (like in the Haley video)

2) Separate from the shoulder harness assembly but attached to a purpose designed armor package. The D3CR was OPTIMIZED to fit the Mayflower / Velocity Systems ULV armor packages, then to a slightly lesser degree the Mayflower APC / LPAC packages. Any other armor chassis WILL require some configuration modifications, mostly the aforementioned QASM / buckle strap / loop panel assembly. A modification has been made up for the SKD PIG PC, and another is in works for the PIG Brigantine.

3) As an improvised external compressor "beavertail" for EAGLE AIII series packs (regular and large) using the packs side compression straps. Those who saw me at SHOT this past January would have seen me employ this.(serving suggestion)

4) As a slung bandolier using the top and one pair of side buckles for the waist belt (serving suggestion)

Ive received many questions about this.... What to put into the GP pouches?

Short answer is - WHATEVER you WANT... as long as it fits 5 x 3 x 2 inch volume. (twinkies, hohos, pickles bullethole pluggys)

What about that STUFFIT pouch? This pouch is an expandable compressor pocket that can accommodate a variety of product items. A common use would be as a "Speedload" pouch for an M4 magazine or to keep magazine capacity at 4 if youve used a mag pouch as a pistol / taser retainer pocket.

Next would be as a Smoke or diversionary device carrier, Radio pocket or as a shrinkwrapped/vacuumpacked BOK pocket.

There is a lot more to detail, but do know that there are many other D3 centric products looming on the horizon. Stay tuned.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast