Thread: 2200 fps .45 Super ammo

Feedback Score

2200 fps .45 Super ammo

http://magsafeonline.com/prices_specs.php Note, ok? I do NOT recommend bullets that frag into little pellets at impact. Just notice the velocity. :-) MagSafe has a great rep for delivering on their velocity claims. Try not to put words In my mouth, ok?

460 rowland can be loaded quite a bit hotter than .45 super (over 15% hotter), the large hollowbase cavity in the solid aluminum bullets I spoke of (another post) allows even more powder under the bullet. Only Bullseye has the oomph to get such velocities, from pistol barrels.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    MagSafe ammo being used as an attempt to justify ANYTHING (other than the insanity of people who purchase and carry MagSafe ammo) is completely laughable.

Nobody every said that you can't take an ultralight bullet and shove the thing to crazy speeds. The debate that you started a new thread to continue is that an ultralight bullet (66% lighter) moving at 40% higher velocity isn't any more effective than current factory loads.

I would like someone with a deeper ballistics background to chime in if there is any advantage beyond hiking up one's belt after seeing a chrono reading.