Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: "Stopping power" and unrealistic expectations....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dabbie View Post
    "current science" is based upon bs.
    Oh... I see. Millions of dollars in research and development is all "BS" because you say so. Again, the gel is a REPEATABLE MEDIUM. If bullet A penetrates 12" and bullet B penetrates 8' then bullet A exhibits greater penetration. If the gel were twice as dense and the penetration cut in half the same holds true... It's about being able to standardize a test and therefore have comparable results.

The reason that gel is used is because nobody wants to do the WORK that I did, getting within pistol distance of that many critters. The reason makers don't sell such loads is that they are AP, and LEO's are just not a group that ammo makers want to be upset with them. They LEARNED from the bs about Black Talons and "Rhino" ammo.
    Oh, they're armor piercing and you're making them? Do you have a type 10 FFL too?

Elmer Keith tested bullets on cattle, over 50 years ago. He said that a .44 hp, made of DEAD soft lead, needed 1000 fps in order to expand reliably in flesh, and that if you loaded such, it left horrendous leading in the bore. PLEASE "explain" to me how ANY sort of jacket makes a bullet mushroom in flesh more easily than a dead soft hp? with a SMALLER nose cavity than Elmer's .44's had? :-) Aint gonna happen, guys. The industry has sold you a bill of goods.
    Oh, you've solved it... One guy found that his results were that the round needed to be doing 1000fps. Lets go on just that...

Feedback Score
    Can't argue with those who think they know it all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by T2C; 10-26-13 at 17:38.
    Train 2 Win

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314