Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: introducing myself & my work.

Feedback Score

introducing myself & my work.

Hello Folks,

I do custom grip reductions, ergonomic shaping, and texturing on polymer-framed handguns, subguns, etc. My company info is in my sig, and I am partnered with Security Arms International (www.saiops.com) an FFL/SOT, as one of their in-house custom 'smiths.

Here's a few pics of work I've done.

Regards,

Ben

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks good I have been wanting to get my 19 worked on.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    thanks Voodoo. a G19 is what got me started, and I think I've done more G19-sized Glocks than any other model. What happened is that I took a 2-day handgun course, and after the first day I had a blister on the knuckle of my middle finger where it fit under the trigger guard, and it was so hot and humid that the grip got slippery as hell. after the course I started looking at the gun to see how I could improve the ergonomics and texture, and after much trial and error (I'm amazed that as much as I experimented with that G19 it wasn't ruined), I ended up with pretty much what I'm doing now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice work Ben! Always cool to see other people's work.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Looks may not be everything (or even anything) but those are by far some the best looking texturing jobs I've seen. Almost looks like grip tape. Very nice.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Ray. Likewise for your work. We can certainly commiserate about how painstaking and time-consuming it is to do this...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Looks may not be everything (or even anything) but those are by far some the best looking texturing jobs I've seen. Almost looks like grip tape. Very nice.

Thanks LNL. No reason it can't look as good as it performs. Grip tape is nice, but if you get solvent on it, the adhesive weakens, the tape peels off, and you're left with a gummy mess on the grip. I've done a few grips where I reduced the grip, covered it with a rubberized coating, then textured the coating. Looks similar to the textured plastic, but is softer like a grip sleeve.

Feedback Score
    Here's a G29 I did with a rubberized grip. This one wasn't textured after rubberization. Does a nice job of taming the vibration/shock of the 10mm sub-compact. I also installed Tru-Glo TFOs and a Lasermax unit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentle Ben View Post
    Thanks Ray. Likewise for your work. We can certainly commiserate about how painstaking and time-consuming it is to do this...

Very true Ben! It's all worth it when the customers see their weapon after the job....all worth it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray T View Post
    Very true Ben! It's all worth it when the customers see their weapon after the job....all worth it!
    Roger that, Ray. I also find it therapeutic...after my day job (completely unrelated to guns), I get to invest my energy into something I'm truly passionate about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast