Thread: Seecamp's

Feedback Score

Seecamp's

Anyone here carry a Seecamp, 32 or 380, and how do you carry it,
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ! DON'T LOOK AT IT !

Feedback Score
    I have carried a .32 for close to 20 years on duty as a "Jesus gun" and off duty as a 2nd gun. It is an early one that only feeds Silvertips. I have since bought 6 more, all in .32, for me and my kids (initials in the serial number, engraving...you know, just what a dad is supposed to do for his kids). I carry it in a pocket holster made by KC Custom Gunleather. Ken Campbell makes superb leathergoods. I got him started making ankle rigs for a Seecamp...it disappears under straight leg Levis. The pocket holster keeps the gun sitting straight in your pocket as well as keeping lint and such outof it. Works good, lasts a long time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Seecamp's do seem to have a distinct following. Are they still as expensive and difficult to get as they once were?

I might consider the .380 as a summertime carry.

Feedback Score
    Not at all. Larry used to do all the machining and construction himself, which is why the price was so high. If I remember correctly, he gets the rough forgings from an outside source and turns them into guns. The mags, too. A
    .32 isn't nearly as pricey as they once were. The .380's are more, but ballistically, I don't think it is worth the trouble of getting one. I would like to have one for my collection, so maybe one day... In the mean time, the .32 does a great job. I know that you would be happy with either one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    Seecamp's do seem to have a distinct following. Are they still as expensive and difficult to get as they once were?

I might consider the .380 as a summertime carry.
    Down south here they run around $400.00 ,and they are kinda hard to find, there is a guy here at the gun shows that only sells seecamps and mag's, he has sold 6 them to my friends , once they see mine they end up buying one, yes there is quite a following with the .32's it is not my first to go to , but it works well when you don't want to drag around the big gun's. it fit's nice'ly in your pockets. it's a DAO ,so when you grab it it's ready to go !!! it's just a little easy'er to carry than the, J frame S&W's . it also makes a good ,B.U.G._ "Jesus Gun"
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ! DON'T LOOK AT IT !

Feedback Score
    My dad bought me one 12 years ago when I got into law enforcement. I've carried it in a pocket holster, an ankle rig, a vest holster and also a neck holster. It's a great little gun. I tell my friends that it's what I carry when I can't carry a real gun. Now it gets passed around to the guys in the office as a hide out gun when we go buy dope.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here a photo of an engraved 380 I carried for a few years and just recently sold. Kept the 32 which is carried every day in Del Fatti gator.

You guys have no idea how small that [LWS commemorative] Torch really is,...and how much it illuminates!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They certainly look well made.

Feedback Score
    I bought one as a birthday present for my father a couple years back. It seems very well made but I can't hit anything with it. It's too small for my hands and the lack of a real sight means I'm shooting based more on prayer than aim.