Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR friendly range in our neck of the woods?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Topton Fish and Game.

http://toptonfga.org/

Feedback Score
    So I had a chance to go try out the Calverton range on Long Island and it was not bad at all. I went on a Friday and shot for several hours for $15, they have 50, 100 and 200 yard lanes plus a separate pistol range, could shoot prone, kneeling, standing or off the bench. Spoke to the owner whose family has had it for sixty some years; was a sand mine originally which explains how they got the landscape as it is. Only real down side was that it was 1.5 hours to get there with light traffic and 2.5 to get back in worse traffic.

Visited two rifle/pistol ranges on Staten Island and both had the same rules: any firearm that the average citizen can purchase and own legally in the five boroughs is legal at the range. Problem with that is that only LEOs can own AR-15 in the five boroughs. So one would be allowed to fire away with a .50 cal but AR is a no go. Damn shame as I can get to either one inside of 20 minutes.

I think Topton is next on the list.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    I found the range and training i want to copy.
    Here's a good day at the range. https://youtu.be/3b92Rzs-xE8
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Tried Nassau County Rifle & Pistol Range. It is an indoor 25-yard range which is fine for pistol stuff but a little short for rifle although they do allow it. People were very nice and I will definitely be going back as short-range with the rifle is better than nothing when I can't get to normal training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12