Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3-Gun Action Shooting Sport

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Exclamation New 3-Gun Action Shooting Sport

American Live Phire Action Shooters, Inc. (A.L.Ph.A.S.©®)
    Present
    Close Quarters Tactical Action Shooting (CQTAS©®)
    At The
    Rowan County Wildlife Association’s
    Gerry Wood Auto Group May Madness Shootout
    May 18, 2013

⇒ NEW Tactical Action Shooting Sport!

⇒ Big & Close Targets, FAST, Furious & FUN!

⇒ Categories based on gear used!

⇒ Showcase Demo Match information, Category SOP, Basic Rules at http://www.rcwanc.com

⇒ Inaugural Match Tentatively Scheduled for Fall 2013! Stay Tuned for more!

⇒ Specific Questions about A.L.Ph.A.S./CQTAS please contact:
    harlandwolff5019@gmail.com
    oklahomacharlie@aol.com

It's going to be FUN y'all!

Sparky
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Coming soon to Www.cqtas.net.

Sparky
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I linked to 3 different pages only to find the "forum" didnt have the actual rules up. You have a direct link?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For the love of John Moses Browning make a catagory for people to run an .223 rifle, a 9mm handgun, and a pump action shotgun. Tools that most people already own so you dont have to buy specialized firearms to compete.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

New 3-Gun Action Shooting Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    For the love of John Moses Browning make a catagory for people to run an .223 rifle, a 9mm handgun, and a pump action shotgun. Tools that most people already own so you dont have to buy specialized firearms to compete.
    Amen to that.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Knight,

I checked the RCWA site and accessed the "May Madness Shootout" link which is where it is all posted. You have to do it on a "computer" or use the "classic" button on the bottom as I tried using my iPhone and nothing would come up. Give that a try and pm me if you have trouble. The CQTAS site should be up next week if no there are no further troubles. Let me know if you have questions though!

Blayglock,

The rules are intentionally written so that they are as INCLUSIVE as possible. That said, in the version that is posted on the RCWA site, Contractor and Operator categories were restricted to .40 and above handguns; that has been removed and all categories are open to 9mm and greater handguns.

Currently the combination you mentioned is legal in ALL categories. There is only 1 category that restricts the shotgun to pump guns only and that is LE. The intent of this sport was to allow people to bring out WHAT THEY HAD already as most people (especially those here) already have some combo of what you mentioned. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me and I can get you a pdf copy of the rules.

On the RCWA site, I had him split the rules into sections so they would easier to quick reference. As I mentioned above the CQTAS site should be up early next week and there should be better access to the rules there.

This match being the "showcase" and not the inaugural event, the category rules will be "fast and loose" and we will not turn people away who want to try it!

Thanks for the interest! Come check it out! It's going to be fun!

Sparky

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayglock View Post
    For the love of John Moses Browning make a catagory for people to run an .223 rifle and a handgun Tools that most people already own so you dont have to buy specialized firearms to compete.
    There.

I want to see a two-gun league.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 05-10-13 at 20:11.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post

I want to see a two-gun league.
    You can do that...they'll probably count off for the shotgun targets but...you CAN do that! This all about doing the way you want! If you're cool with it, we are too!

Come on out! We'd love to see you!

Sparky

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just want more 2 gun but best of luck with this.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Just want more 2 gun but best of luck with this.
    Wellll...

We OWN this, soooo...

We are scoring in CATEGORY ONLY so let me talk to my partner on this and get back to y'all!

Maybe there can be a 2-gun category! Thoughts?

Sparky

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast