Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 3-Gun Action Shooting Sport

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I talked to my partner about it and we may explore a 2-gun category!

Give me some thoughts on it y'all!

Sparky
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Lebowski,

Still working out a 2-gun category! I think we can get there!

All,

Showcase match is tomorrow at Rowan County Wildlife Club in Salisbury, NC Come on out and shoot or watch! Details above!

You can register when you get there as well...plus THERE IS NO MATCH FEE UNLESS YOU WANT TO EAT A STEAK DINNER!

Sparky
    aka Hitman
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 05-17-13 at 09:38.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can haul two guns with a small backpack for the ammo without going to the golf caddy extreme of three gun.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 05-17-13 at 10:36.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I do see your point. The showcase match tomorrow will not have a 2-gun category but we are working on it for the official rollout in September. I'll keep y'all posted.

Sparky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Match was very well received and a huge success! I'll have pics and some vids available soon!

Sparky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Here is a vid that someone got of me yesterday...

It's the only one we have so far until the pro work is done in a week or 2.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYMv8...ature=youtu.be

Sparky

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What is different about this versus other 3gun? Is it being sold as a "tactical" style match? Watching the video it looks like regular 3gun but closer. Is it supposed to be CQBish? I'm just curious what is different?

Matt

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    OK Matt,

Part of the website should be up tomorrow (the forum) and the rules should be posted there.

The short version is that the categories are gear based and not gun or skill based.

The only similarities that CQTAS has to other 3 gun sports is that we use a pistol, a rifle and a shotgun. There may also be a 2 gun category at some point in the near future.

The original range link has a version of the rules broken into smaller sections (go to May Madness Shootout); there have been changes even to this set already.

This was designed to allow many different types of guns and gear that shooters had and wanted to put to practical use; the rules are straight forward (even though they may not SEEM like it at first because they do not read like the California tax code).

This is open to competitors of all skill levels who want to run and gun and shoot fast and furious.

Drop me a note after you've read through the rules and let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll get you squared away!

Sparky

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Website is up!

www.cqtas.net

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast