Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ameriglo Pro I-dot problems (update)

Feedback Score
    Oh shit man I love my I dot pro I really hope thy dont fall apart. I only have a few hundred throuhgh them but man are they sweeet
    baby glock

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have two sets, one on a G19 and one on a G21, no issues. I have not run these guns hard, but they range time.

I took my two new sets for my M&P's to my gunsmith. After initially trying to replace these home brew style, couldn't get them in. The Riflesmith took out a dovetail bit and removed 3/1000's and tried to instal , too tight, took two more thowy- tapped them in with reasonable pressure. All sights required 5/1000 removed for my pistols. His work is impeccable, just a genius in a garage in everything I've seen him do.

It begs the question, who installed all these defective sights? And were they beaten and compromised their integrity. Maybe I'm crazy, but I just can't imagine everyone has a huge Lathe and a dovetail bit and performs these installs with finesse.

Did you stress your sight, or did your " gunsmith"? Leading to issues. Maybe they should be able to take it, just makes me wonder. I'm not pointing fingers , just curious.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Pappabear, you have some valid points in your post, but Ameriglo did say that this was a known problem and that they have changed their process and the materials they use so I think the major issue is with the sight itself.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RCI1911 View Post
    Pappabear, you have some valid points in your post, but Ameriglo did say that this was a known problem and that they have changed their process and the materials they use so I think the major issue is with the sight itself.
    Good point as well, maybe they are making them to big, and would be well served to make them 2/1000 larger instead of 5/1000. I was curious if the size was consistent with all M&P dove tails. Like how perfectly consistent is M&P in their cut? It's all part of a interesting question about replacement sights in general.

For example, I had Heine put my sights on my H&K guns- perfection of course. But a guy at Caswells beat the **** out of some sights to get in my FNP45. They are all dented and jacked up. I couldn't believe it when he gave me my gun back- in ten minutes. After I watched The Riflesmith do it like it should be done (I guess) , I wondered how everyone else did it. Could they just tap theirs in with no problem? Did they hand file it down? Did they have a dove tail drill bit and open up the sight to perfection? This entire experience just made me wonder?

How do most people instal their night Sights? Ameriglow might have a known problem because everyone has to beat the shit out of them to get them in! And they need to make them smaller?

So, how did you guys instal them? Just curious.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234