Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 Add on rail

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

1911 Add on rail

Im sure this has been covered before, but my search came up empty. What is the preferred add on Picatinny rail for a 1911 type pistol. I have an early Taurus PT-1911 (I know, I know, but it has been good to me!) and I want to add the ability to mount a light. I value your input....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    IMO the best rail on the market right now is the SLR rail Steve makes

http://www.marsguns.com/store/index....r4voej38em1ko2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't want to modify the frame, the Surefire MR-07 is tried and true. It's pretty bulky, but doesn't require any permanent alterations to the firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I dont mind drilling and tapping. I have seen the Novak and like it. Any feedback on it?

Feedback Score

1911 Add on rail

Didn't want to star my own thread as it pertains to this subject in a way, what type of rear sight has the laser in it? I remember seeing a gun with that in my local gun store but it is gone now! Any imput would be helpful!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was using one of these and recently took it off. I found that it was causing malfunctions as the slide stop would come slightly out when shooting and would make the first round of a fully loaded magazine dip and fail to feed. I was able to replicate this and it might be able to take care of it if I had someone that could correctly fit the slide stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mdain View Post
    If you don't want to modify the frame, the Surefire MR-07 is tried and true. It's pretty bulky, but doesn't require any permanent alterations to the firearm.

Feedback Score
    I personally use an MR07 on my 1911, especially when working. It is very tried and true from what I hear and I have had no problems on the range or on the street with it. It can be a bit pricey but it requires no changes in your frame.

Feedback Score

1911 Add on rail

Quote Originally Posted by beau1911 View Post
    IMO the best rail on the market right now is the SLR rail Steve makes

http://www.marsguns.com/store/index....r4voej38em1ko2
    If you want a rail for a Colt Series 70 style 1911 made of Carbon Steel.. Steve's Rail is the best choice.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm running the dawson (MARS) and couldn't be happier. I just have to trust surefire won't do something stupid with their lights/mounts. but with a couple of x300u's, I should be set for a LONG time

"you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast