Thread: MIRS Rail for M-24

Feedback Score

MIRS Rail for M-24

Good morning all,

Just wanted to ask a quick technical question that I am in hopes that all of the experience on this board could assist me in answering. I recently purchased one of the Remington M-24 refurbs (Collectors Series as it is labeled from Rem), I was interested in purchasing a MIRS rail for it. The rifle is equipped with the Leupold M3A. Should I go with the 0 MOA or 20 MOA. I believe the scope base supplied w/ the rifle is sloped, but not sure the MOA. Also, would the 20 MOA throw off the 1-10 adjustments built in to elevation turrets? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sheriff7; 04-19-16 at 23:01.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You already got the rifle? I have a buddy who is a Category 1 (Active duty USMC 0317) and he hasn't even received a response yet

To answer your question, 20MOA would be the way to go. It will not throw off the adjustments it actually will give you more elevation and thus allow you to fire at longer distances.

Why are you choosing the MIRS?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Silly question, but is this a show/collector piece or something you intend to actually run NV on?

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the replies. No . definitely not a show piece. I intend to use it and use it well. Eventually, as funds allow, I would like to get a N/V set up. Eurodriver, thank you for replying as well. Let your buddy know that if he gets tired of waiting on Remington for the word, many are available on gunbroker etc. I would hate to see him miss out on this set up if he is interested in purchasing one.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff7 View Post
    No . definitely not a show piece. I intend to use it and use it well. Eventually, as funds allow, I would like to get a N/V set up.
    If that is the case, my suggestion would be to wait and get a Badger/bridge style NV mount WHEN you get your NV setup. We have a mix of Mccann MIRS and Remington MARS. I have the MARS on my issued setup and I hate it with a passion. I am constantly having to re-torque the mount back down and we aren't using NV all that often. The MIRS seems to have less flex than the MARS, but we've had some fit issues with a few that required a trip to the smith to get aligned properly. I've spoken at length to some fed snipers about the Mccann and they have seen similar issues.

If you don't have an NV setup currently, it appears to be a waste of $450-600 that will just add weight, potential problems, and sit your scope up much higher.

...Just my $0.02...mileages may vary...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    If that is the case, my suggestion would be to wait and get a Badger/bridge style NV mount WHEN you get your NV setup. We have a mix of Mccann MIRS and Remington MARS. I have the MARS on my issued setup and I hate it with a passion. I am constantly having to re-torque the mount back down and we aren't using NV all that often. The MIRS seems to have less flex than the MARS, but we've had some fit issues with a few that required a trip to the smith to get aligned properly. I've spoken at length to some fed snipers about the Mccann and they have seen similar issues.

If you don't have an NV setup currently, it appears to be a waste of $450-600 that will just add weight, potential problems, and sit your scope up much higher.

...Just my $0.02...mileages may vary...
    Sage advice right here. Avoid the MIRS/MARS mounts if at all possible. They just do not work.

Feedback Score
    my experience is it depends on the specific NV unit you use. some are more tolerant of scope-nv alignment issues than others. in theory though, you should try to keep the scope and clip on aligned. so if your scope is on a 20 MOA angle, try to put your clip on at the same angle.

Feedback Score
    https://www.precisionreflex.com/Deta...86558&CAT=4207 I have ad good luck with this rail on a M40A1 no loose screws or mounts had it put on by former military match armorers/gunsmiths familiar with the rifle. Have 500 rds through it with no problem.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We've had nothing but problems with the MIRS. What stock are you running?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dont install anything untill you buy a clip on. The EFR will work just fine. The MIRS is too tall of a check weld and a waste of money in my opinion as far as function. There are better options out there today. But if you were wanting it for looks then you have to make that choice.

The nice thing with a clip on is you do not have to have perfect alignment for it to work and maintain zero. I have probably 1/2"+ difference on some rifles with my PVS-22 and it still works great.

EFR rail