Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $199 Trust

Feedback Score

$199 Trust

Good Day,

Checking to see if anyone here has had any experience with 199trust creating their NFA firearm trust. Their website is http://199trust.com/

Your feedback is appreciated
    Last edited by jamaicanj; 05-02-13 at 03:45.
    Philippians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    It says in their disclaimer that they are not lawyers. For all you can tell it's a guy with a copy of Quicken Willmaker.

I'd spend the $8 on Amazon and get my own copy, and save my $200 for my first stamp.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For what it's worth I just got an email this morning from GearHog.com and there is a coupon for a gun trust for $99 from that same company. However, I recommend getting a copy of Quicken and doing it yourself.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicanj View Post
    Good Day,

Checking to see if anyone here has had any experience with 199trust creating their NFA firearm trust. Their website is http://199trust.com/

Your feedback is appreciated
    Find out what your local trust attorneys charge first. Mine charged $200 which included a couple of consultations, though that was a bit of a discount from his normal rate. If you happen to be in Maryland, I can give you a recommendation.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Most attys who do gun trusts probably don't do it for the money. For the amount of time they typically spend talking to the client they could be making a lot more. They like to shoot and most of them probably enjoy talking to normal folks (non-lawyers) from time to time who arent coming to them with problems.
    I would second going to your local guy. If he's a shooter you'll know fairly quickly and you'll probably end up getting a level of service that is clearly in excess of $200 and make a good contact. May not always be the case but from my experience with my atty and the descriptions I hear the amount of time spent by many of these lawyers could cost thousands of dollars under different settings.
    In full disclosure, I'm lisenced to practice law in a state or two but I do not do trust law or anything like it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I'd spend the $8 on Amazon and get my own copy, and save my $200 for my first stamp.
    I pulled a few NFA Trust examples, took some of the best language from each (including state specific paras), worked it up, and clicked print.

Total Cost = $0.

You don't need to be a Lawyer to draw up a Trust.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    It says in their disclaimer that they are not lawyers. For all you can tell it's a guy with a copy of Quicken Willmaker.

+1

I've done two trusts myself and had them reviewed by lawyer friends after the fact. No issues with them at all, either from the BATFE or lawyers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you're going to spend that much money, spend it on a local Attorney who has the experience and education to make you a Revocable Living Trust. $200 is about the going rate for that kind of service.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah, it took me a while, but I finally found a local attorney that would do it for $150. I also suggest that route if you're going to pay for it.

I'm tempted to do it myself, but $150 is a pretty low percentage cost of a complete SBR, so I figure it's worth it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now that it's been a few years since the discussion about this Organization does anybody have anything to report good or bad?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast