Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: How many rounds can you load at a time?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Had to step my chamfer game up they were coming out so sharp. 20 bucks for a replacement cutter too, can't beat it.
    I bought that Lyman VLD chamfering tool. I love it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I bought that Lyman VLD chamfering tool. I love it.
    Same here actually. Bought the set for the primer pocket tools and liked the handles so much I use the VLD over the basic Forster tool I have. Slightly smoother angle too.

Start a 'how many cases can you prep' thread and I'll surely crack the top 20

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Start a 'how many cases can you prep' thread and I'll surely crack the top 20
    Case prep is its own kind of hell.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Case prep is its own kind of hell.
    Amen to that!

I use a Giraud for trimming.

I can do 600-800 pistol in an hour because that is how many primer tubes I have.

I can do around half that in an hour for rifle from resized, trimmed brass. I have a toolhead for resize/decap. Then I trim. Change toolheads to prime, charge, seat.

After about an hour of either pistol or rifle I am ready to do something else.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use the Giraud now too.

The nice thing about the Thumlers Tumbler is that 140-150 rounds of .223 brass is a perfect amount to size, trim, and prime without going nuts on any one task.

Trimming once fired XM193 sucks so bad. You have to sit there and let it cut and cut and cut.... so much easier to trim the brass after that first firing is behind you.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya Mark. I hardly ever trim once fired mainly to save time but then it's really a bitch to trim the next time. Even with the Giraud.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eperk View Post
    I hear ya Mark. I hardly ever trim once fired mainly to save time but then it's really a bitch to trim the next time. Even with the Giraud.
    You could totally get away with shooting two or three times after initial trim. But I trim em all up anyway.

Feedback Score
    I have been known to push the limit on case length before I bought the Giraud.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112