Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rounds can you load at a time?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I usually don't have enough time to get sick of reloading, maybe an hour at a crack, at best. I've started reloading in steps (days): 1. resize, deprime, clean 2. tumble, trim, prime 3. reload. I can usually only get about 200 done before I'm being "summoned". It's the trimming that gets me. After about 100, I'm starting to freak. I really need a better way.
    I think the most I've done, on a weekend with no wife or kids around, was about 400 10mm from start to finish. I ran out of projos so I stopped because of that, not cause I was sick of it. I'll update here when I find out... which will be when I retire and the kids are off at college.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    Single stage is all I have and I load the same way (from primed brass).
    After about 600-700 I'm ready to scratch my eyes out. I have loaded 1200 9mm in a sitting before, but it burnt me out so much I didn't touch the press again for a month.
    Dude, you're an animal!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

How many rounds can you load at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Dude, you're an animal!
    Lol, thanks.

Notice I didn't say how F-ing long that took me! I go in stages, like you. I currently tumble (dry) then resize/deprime, then trim/prep/prime, then load, All in large batches of several hundred or up to a thousand. Only thing is, I really burn out quick on the prep steps, but I can usually hang pretty hard when finished rounds are going into the ammo can. I guess I'm more motivated when I see finished rounds as a result.

I need a progressive press, but my man cave is quite literally a spider hole & I do not have the space. I am, however, in the process of acquiring the needed gear for wet tumbling due, in part, to mark and others giving it such high praise. I can't wait.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Without getting sloppy or losing your mind... How much ammo can you stand to crank out in a session.

I did about 900 rounds of .223 Sunday. The first 500 were no sweat, but I was getting insane and distracted in the last 400. I load from primed brass so there's no breaks for primer tube refills... It's just foot on the gas.
    As long as I have all my brass polished, primer tubes loaded, and powder measure full, I average around 1,000 9mm or 38 Super an hour.

Although after an hour of dealing with a Dillon 1050 I usually want to throw it out the window.

Feedback Score
    Wow, I'm mister slow poke. I probably do about 250 .223 and maybe about 350 .40 in an hour. I usually call it then.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If I reloading on my progressive, about 500 is my max per session. I can't concentrate beyond that. If I'm loading single stage, 100 rounds is my limit.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I just moved a single stage press to my garage workbench with trimming gear. I did it with the intent of mass processing .223 brass (about half of which need to have the crimps removed from the primer pockets). I find that as I am working around the house I can stop by the bench and de-prime/re-size a couple hundred at at time. It seems to be a lot easier doing this part standing up with a little music cranked in the background. After a couple of days I have a shit ton of fully processed brass. Trimming and taking out the primer crimps is a pain in the ass. Doing it this way (a little processing at a time) seems to make the actual reloading process go a lot quicker when I am ready.

I recently picked up a Lee Classic Cast Turret press that auto indexes. It's simple, rugged and fast. I wanted a Dillon but they are way backed up on orders and I decided to stock up on components instead. If any or you are loading single stage you owe it to yourselves to try this setup. It's made my life a whole lot easier.

Feedback Score
    For .223 or 7.62 about 200 at one whack is all I care to do, and that's on a progressive. Brass has already been cleaned, sized and trimmed; everything else gets done on the Dillon. I usually get well ahead during the winter, especially on the brass prep.

For pistol, it's and hour here and an hour there until I get a good pile.

Feedback Score
    I tend to have to split days between things like case cleaning, case prep, priming, and loading. If not days then at least an hour or two break. The tedious chores hurt my attention span and I try to speed it up. Honey-do list is not a concern as the wife is demanding I load more 45 for her new XDs haha.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

How many rounds can you load at a time?

With prepped 5.56 brass on my hornady lnl progressive I can do 500 in a couple hours and still be enjoying it. I went to 1000 on Monday and I started to get a little anxious to finish the last bit of brass in the bucket.

For the record, I'm only working with two primer tubes at the moment and I only have three brass on the plate at a time so I can monitor the primer feeder--I hate wasting a powder drop cuz my tube went dry. That accounts for some of the time it takes for me to load. Other than that I hand
    feed brass and bullets into the red beast until I burn out.

Loading's the fun part though.
    It'll take me the better part of the weekend to trim the 1,000 once fired brass I have polishing as we speak on an RCBS trim pro with drill attachment. That's when the real work begins.
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 05-03-13 at 01:54.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I only have a Lee Challenger right now, so probably 100-150 rounds of .223.

I have a 550 on order from Chadbags, and I'm eagerly anticipatin it's arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast