Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: KAC or LaRue...?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM4LV1 View Post
    Do not see ANY AR's M4's or KAC on your site...black powder guns???
    I won't derail this thread anymore but for clarification the website hasnt been updated since pre sandy hook when it was a 2 man operation in a basement. We have since expanded to a full gunsmith shop that includes Cerakote and Hydro dipping, and retail store, and a indoor range under construction. The Website is currently being updated by a local web design company, hopefully we'll launch the new and improved website in a couple weeks.

We are dealers for KAC, LMT, Battle Comp, Battle Arms Development, Geissele, Timney, Aimpoint, Vortex, WMD, Midwest Industries, Spikes Tactical, Griffin Armament, Vltor, etc. July 1st our SOT becomes effective, and we go through RSR, Davidson's, Sports South Lipseys, etc for other firearms and product.

OK back on topic, KAC all the way! (with bias)
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 05-12-13 at 00:38.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM4LV1 View Post
    Anyone buy a SR 15 lately...if so , where?
    I recently purchased a Mod1 from Darc Ops Armory on GunBroker at a great price.

I'm still in Australia, so I haven't even been able to touch it...
    Last edited by scooter22; 05-12-13 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWs 21 View Post
    I had the privilege of visiting Lawmens not to long ago and loved the SR-15 MOD 1 it balanced extremely well with plenty of hand guard real estate. I attended an HSP class at the beginning of the month and there were two MOD 1's. One ran great, but the other one was constantly malfunctioning. But that one had been chopped to 14.5 with a battlecomp 1.5 and was running green tip if that makes a difference. I would love to own a KAC but I doubt I would go shorter than 16 inch with that gas system. I will stick with BCM middies for under 16.
    An important caveat in the 16" vs 14.5". In addition to the SR15 mod 1 with a 16" barrel KAC makes a 14.5 upper. Out of the three KAC factory configurations that i have (16", 14.5" and 11.5") the 14.5 is my favorite. I've been running it since I got it in January with absolutely no problems and its been eating .223 77 gr BHA for the last couple hundred rounds.

I cannot speak to having a 16" mod 1 cut to 14.5 (and i wouldnt do it personally especially when you can get a KAC factory 14.5 upper with a medium contour dimpled barrel!

Now to the OPs request: KAC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    An important caveat in the 16" vs 14.5". In addition to the SR15 mod 1 with a 16" barrel KAC makes a 14.5 upper. Out of the three KAC factory configurations that i have (16", 14.5" and 11.5") the 14.5 is my favorite. I've been running it since I got it in January with absolutely no problems and its been eating .223 77 gr BHA for the last couple hundred rounds.

I cannot speak to having a 16" mod 1 cut to 14.5 (and i wouldnt do it personally especially when you can get a KAC factory 14.5 upper with a medium contour dimpled barrel!

Now to the OPs request: KAC
    I knew that they made factory 14.5's but I did not realize that they were different. Is the gas port larger on the 14.5?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWs 21 View Post
    I knew that they made factory 14.5's but I did not realize that they were different. Is the gas port larger on the 14.5?
    Yes. They are "different".

See Jack's post: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=127776
    Last edited by hjmpanzr; 05-12-13 at 09:42. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hjmpanzr View Post
    Yes. They are "different".

See Jack's post: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=127776
    Thanks for the link. I figured as much. I couldn't see a company with a reputation like Knights not doing their homework before changing the barrel length. But as I said the 16" in that class ran flawless.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678