Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Police traffic stop firefight in Ohio

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Thank you Jesus for TV and for that guy having no idea what he was doing! I actually started to tear up a little when I heard her voice (my wife is a patrol officer).

I love the fact that you hear that old mans voice, he was so ready to help them in any way he could, they did a great job focusing on the threat but still on each other and there surroundings. Good training in that department.
    I am not sure what your experience level is but no part of this video other than they fought though it shows good training. Both of these officers are alive because the suspect sucked. Both of these officers would likely be dead if the suspect had any amount of skill. I am a police trainer and I could write a book on the mistakes that were made. This situation reminds me of me of something LTC Grossman said during bulletproof mind. The people with the most medals on their chest are usually people that made mistakes and happened to live through it.

Matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    launching the car at him might have been their fastest response, neutralized the threat, or gotten them out of the line of fire quickly.
    I liked the officer's response. Quick engagement, steady ROF and multiple hits.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    I agree. There is not much you can do in a situation like this other than dismount and lay lead down at the suspect as fast and as accurately as you can. The wrong thing to do would have been to try and run for cover. Cops have been shot in the back doing that. Using what concealment/weak cover they had and firing back was their option.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 05-08-13 at 22:52.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    That said, there are several gun-ranges relatively close to that area, and recent revisions to Ohio laws - would mean that he could legally have had loaded long-gun magazines (as long as the weapon itself was not loaded, and also with some other stowage considerations), provided that he had a valid Ohio-CHL.
    ^ I made the previous post above.....

But I failed to realize the obvious - that this incident didn't happen all that recently.

The date of the incident was March 10. That would have placed it before Ohio HB 495 became effective. Loaded long-gun magazines in the vehicle would have been illegal, regardless of concealed-carry licensure.

My apologies to those who were reading the details.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    - - - - -
    Last edited by DTakas; 01-03-19 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
    That said, there are several gun-ranges relatively close to that area, and recent revisions to Ohio laws - would mean that he could legally have had loaded long-gun magazines (as long as the weapon itself was not loaded, and also with some other stowage considerations), provided that he had a valid Ohio-CHL.
    Possession of an OH CHL is absolutely NOT a requirement to be able to now legally transport loaded magazines so long as the relatively easy storage requirements are complied with and there is no ammo physically in the firearm.

I have no idea why people in this state love to invent shit that is clearly not in the law, and that's one of the reasons I left the OFCC forum long ago.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Police traffic stop firefight in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I have no idea why people in this state love to invent shit that is clearly not in the law, and that's one of the reasons I left the OFCC forum long ago.
    I agree whole heartedly. I'd say that 90% of the people I talk to in Ohio have no clue what our laws are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    When you have a suspect shooting at you while you are seated I don't see where an issue could arise if you struck the suspect with the vehicle. Lethal force is lethal force and there aren't stages of dead that we can make someone. Remember Graham v Connor

There's a few stories floating around of LEOs being used to hit violent offenders. A lot of guys don't think about doing it though
    This. I tell my officers that deadly force is deadly force. The only difference is the delivery method. We have had several officers utilize vehicles, and all have been found within policy/justified.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I find it entertaining that some PDs hem and haw about CNS shots whereas others are encouraging officers to run the threat over with their cruiser.

Frankly, we need more of the latter.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    If you read my entire post, you see the statement was in no way intended as arm chair quarterbacking or criticism of the officers.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast