Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Modular Rail (CMR) picture and info thread (add your pics)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    So is that a yes?

Can you elaborate?
    Yes, I'll drop it off personally, did you one one of the Magpul lowers to go along with it, or were you thinking more along the lines of the even more limited Centurion Arms lowers? Just let me know what works out best and I'll be right over, wait for me....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nothing has come along to date that would make me consider changing out all my larue rails until now. This list included all of DD's offerings, the gieselle rails and even the railed centurion rail. I have wanted an lmt mrp platform for some time but I think these new rails will sway me away from the lmt mrp.
    Last edited by rushca01; 05-10-13 at 17:47.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Evidently you have confused these rails with YHM price and quality, which clearly means that I have lost whatever ability I may have had in taking pictures and writing at one time in my life.

In other news, Porsche has a new 911 Turbo out for 2013 that does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. I figure they should sell a bunch if they can keep the cost under $25k.

ETA- I would seriously ask that you go back and take a look at the machine work as well as design of the rail. Compare it to what is currently available on the market, and note while you are at it this is not a simple tube extrusion like so many others. Cost is largely based on machine time, and you can see there is a lot going into these.
    Pre panic, Troy TRX / VTAC rails were going for $170.

Knight's URX rails which people have long considered near the higher end of pricing still sell for $300.

I don't see why $250 would be considered unreasonable.

If this costs more then $300 I see no point running one over the URX series rails.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    I don't see why $250 would be considered unreasonable.
    You've made your view point very clear. One of us clearly has no idea what they are talking about, feel free to quote this and laugh at me if I'm wrong.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Centurion Arms CMR Rail with black pre-production covers. This picture shows the 1913 rail installed on the bottom with the Magpul AFG attached.

Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You've made your view point very clear. One of us clearly has no idea what they are talking about, feel free to quote this and laugh at me if I'm wrong.
    I don't see what your problem with this is.

I initially guessed $200-$250 (while $200 may be a bit low, $250 is a more then reasonable guess) only to have you go full retard on me and bring in YHM quality and pricing. When I explain my reasoning behind it you just go out and say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Glad to see you can stay professional about it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm not sure how you can guess what pricing is based on some photos, especially if you have no first hand experience with them. Once you actually handle and use the rail, you'll quickly figure out that this isn't a Troy Alpha or a Samson Evolution.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by richdkim77 View Post
    I'm not sure how you can guess what pricing is based on some photos, especially if you have no first hand experience with them. Once you actually handle and use the rail, you'll quickly figure out that this isn't a Troy Alpha or a Samson Evolution.
    Thats fine. I just don't understand the need to shit on my post and talk about YHM quality and pricing. URX rails are $260 - $300 and they're well made (with the URX III even coming with its own flip up front sight). DD RIS II rails were widely available for less then $300 before having the price increased last year. Centurion C4 rails were in the $260 - $280 range last year.

I don't see how me hoping for a $200-$250 price range considering there's no need to machine the actual rails besides the 12" position would be considered ignorant. Unless you're saying the quality of this rail somehow blows away the machining involved in the above mentioned rails.

Regardless, its me simply saying what I hope they sell for. I don't see how that's reason to shit on my thoughts as somehow being unrealistic as if I'm actually comparing this to YHM pricing/quality.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckjay View Post
    Thats fine. I just don't understand the need to shit on my post and talk about YHM quality and pricing. URX rails are $260 - $300 and they're well made (with the URX III even coming with its own flip up front sight). DD RIS II rails were widely available for less then $300 before having the price increased last year. Centurion C4 rails were in the $260 - $280 range last year.

I don't see how me hoping for a $200-$250 price range considering there's no need to machine the actual rails besides the 12" position would be considered ignorant. Unless you're saying the quality of this rail somehow blows away the machining involved in the above mentioned rails.

Regardless, its me simply saying what I hope they sell for. I don't see how that's reason to shit on my thoughts as somehow being unrealistic as if I'm actually comparing this to YHM pricing/quality.

Did you project the URX4 to come in at the 200-250 price point? 12 oclock rail only and all.

Your 'hoping for a 200-250 price range' comes off as more of a projection of where you think it belongs. You're the only person trying to compare it to a URX itt. And imagine that, you have the URX winning without even physically touching its opponent or seeing its actual price. Your bias is showing.

And the YHM comment was clearly an exaggerated response to your exaggerated anticipation of a price point. Not sure why you're taking it personally.

Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast