Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Modular Rail (CMR) picture and info thread (add your pics)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Any guesstimate on an inner diameter for this?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    This one looks to be just the ticket to replace my missed comfortable URX3 and a balm for Geissele's dissapointing production revision of the proto MK4. (Only because the original design was so gorgeous. Not knocking function.)

Is the combo 14.5/14" in shown photo?

Feedback Score
    Monty w/ another Home Run...I think this just took the lead ahead of the mk4.

Already have a full Monty built w/ a C4 so this will be a progression of my loyalty

Hey Stick...pictured is a what lenght combo???

Great as always pics...thank you Sir

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What other lengths are coming? Will there be a 10"?
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Did they release the MSRP?

Stick, does that light mount screw into the rail?
    No idea on actual price, sorry.

Yes, the mount screws directly in, no backer plates or anything like that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_s View Post
    Any guesstimate on an inner diameter for this?

Pretty narrow, I'll see if I can find a tape measure.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    With the barrel nut installed, slide the end of the rail into place. It may take a firm press to lock it up against the receiver, and it is normal to have a tiny space in between the two parts. Now use a 3/32 allen head wrench and install the 3 screws. There is no need for thread locker, but you should alternate tightening each screw and side just like you would a lug nut. Watch your alignment on the top of the rail and your receiver, but we found everything lined up perfect ever after we took it apart a few times.
    Why no need for thread lock?

Also, unless I missed your answer, is the one pic a 14.5" barreled upper with a 14" rail?

And, thanks for the update...I've been eagerly awaiting these and will be getting a 12" as soon as I can.
    Last edited by adh; 05-05-13 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    Are the QD receptacles rotation limited?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Currently all of my carbines wear Centurion rails so I'm biased. I will have to put one on the bag of parts I've been accumulating for the last year. Almost 100% Noveske except for the BCM bolt and carrier. I used the Troy tubes for several years and liked the narrow profile and light weight.

A question if anyone has the answer. I know Centurion is a fairly small operation but I'm curious if the owner comes up with his ideas or there is a small R&D or engineering department? Just curious is all as they (Monte) has really come up with a few "better mousetraps" in my opinion.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    Are the QD receptacles rotation limited?

Yes, they lock in place positioned from 12 to 6 o'clock, or from 3 to 9 o'clock. It just goes to show the attention to detail put into the rail.
    Stick

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast