Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Modular Rail (CMR) picture and info thread (add your pics)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Just curious is all as they (Monte) has really come up with a few "better mousetraps" in my opinion.
    It isn't my place to answer that, but I can say I know they certainly have more things coming.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    These sure look sweet. Im interested in more pics of the 12" version if you have them, Stick.

Too bad, I just ordered a Troy Alpha rail to try as my first tube rail. If I like one of the CMRs as much as I like my other Centurion rail, the Troy may not last too long.

Feedback Score
    I definitely plan to have one of these riding on my .308 AR project. The only thing giving it competition, in my mind, is the Fortis- and that is purely out of weight considerations.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Like Stick said, hopefully Centurion will become more popular as users figure out how great their mounting solution is (original USGI nut is still present on most ARs), how solid and easy they are to install (one of the easiest, really), along with the level of machining and overall feel/weight of the rails.

About three years ago—prior to these being shown—I spoke with Monty about modifying some of his standard rails to something like this. He offered to sell me some "in the white" for my mods but after analyzing it a little deeper he advised me that he didn't think there was enough "meat" to work with once I milled the rails off the bottom and sides. After running a few of his standard rails since, I agreed.

The new CMR looks really nice. I will have to try one of these.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I definitely plan to have one of these riding on my .308 AR project.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Like Stick said, hopefully Centurion will become more popular as users figure out how great their mounting solution is...
    Jchops, how does the Centurion mounting solution compare to those from Daniel Defense, Geissele and KAC? I don't think I've ever seen a comparison thread.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for the excellent review stick man. I will always click on your threads just to look at the pictures! Looks like a nice rail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Back to the 5.56 version.

Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is there an estimated release date for the 5.56 and .308 rails?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by denn1911 View Post
    Is there an estimated release date for the 5.56 and .308 rails?
    To the best of my knowledge, next week.
    Stick

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast