Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Modular Rail (CMR) picture and info thread (add your pics)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Finally got around to installing this and I can't cinch it down to where it won't spin. The space between the anti rotation tabs is .64 on my rail and the part of the upper that slides between the tabs is about .615. Its going on a new BCM upper, screws are as tight as possible, but the tabs aren't tight enough to keep it from moving side to side. Anyone else have this issue or is this an upper issue?
    Something is wrong, is the barrel nut on the right way? Anti rotation tabs are there in case something fails, not for every day use. It shouldn't be moving at all.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    This is the first time I've ever removed a handguard and installed a new one. Luckily, I read Stick's instructions before I started. DAMN!, this was really easy and only took about 30 minutes.

I'm glad it was of help. I agree, it really is a super simple installation.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    If anyone has a 12" version can you measure it and see if it is indeed 12" or possibly less. I have a 12.2" Noveske blackout barrel that I want to build using the CMR rail. Just gotta see how much clearance would be left for FH etc..

12.5" barrel on a 12" CMR.

Stick

Feedback Score
    Nice.

What's up with the base of that pclip?
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Centurion Modular Rail (CMR) picture and info thread (add your pics)

Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    Nice.

What's up with the base of that pclip?
    Magpod

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    12.5" barrel on a 12" CMR.

Thanks Stick I will wait on the 11" version.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Something is wrong, is the barrel nut on the right way? Anti rotation tabs are there in case something fails, not for every day use. It shouldn't be moving at all.
    Ya I'm not sure what was going on but its on tight now. I was sure the tabs weren't the only guard against rotation but it wouldn't even get remotely tight and had me second guessing.

Took the screws out, started with center and worked the sides in and it pulled in tight like its supposed to. It was stopping short before, not sure if a screw was blocked somehow stopping the others or what?

It's definitely not moving now though. Impressive.

Feedback Score
    I just had a Troy VTAC Battlerail Alpha 13 in installed on my LMT M4 16 in.
    barrel.
    Would this one be a better choice?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar15556 View Post
    I just had a Troy VTAC Battlerail Alpha 13 in installed on my LMT M4 16 in.
    barrel.
    Would this one be a better choice?
    For what? What do you want to do with it? There is nothing wrong with the Troy Alpha. What is it not doing for you that you think this will do? Answer that, then someone can give you a better response.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Ordered one yesterday. This rail should do what I want and more.

Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast