Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which M193 should i go with?

Feedback Score
    Prvi is GTG. Someone on another thread says www.wideners.com still has it for $320.00 per 1K. Correction, just checked, it's now $330 per 1K.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really don't see any good reason to go with LC over PRVI. It's both loaded to M193 spec, performance is more a matter of lot number rather than manufacturer. Save the $30 go with PRVI.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I remember hearing something about lack of fragmentation from Wolf/PRVI. Anybody have solid, current info on that?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Well i ended up going with Prvi since i was ordering a few other calibers and wideners had everything i needed from one place. but i have heard the lack of frag with the wolf/prvi but im hoping since the new prvi has changed the propellant and is supposed to be real M193 they maybe changed the projectile to a more correct one. Ill see when i get time to get to the range. Otherwise i would have probably went with the LC. but for most range use i cant see why it would matter much but for shtf ammo id probably stick with LC.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I remember hearing something about lack of fragmentation from Wolf/PRVI. Anybody have solid, current info on that?
    The test on that was a backyard test buy one of the young guys on here and pretty much dont for fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry to quote TOS but here's that frag test:

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=271478

Mind you this was with the older Wolf/PRVI. Still looks like acceptable performance to me. I haven't seen anything on the new PRVI unfortunately. I have the facilities available to conduct testing myself if someone wants to spot me some ballistics gel

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to have to get some water jugs and rig a set up to capture the bullet.

The test done here was point blank into a barrel of water out of a 20" weapon. If that doesn't frag, I don't know what will.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Sorry to quote TOS but here's that frag test:

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=271478

Mind you this was with the older Wolf/PRVI. Still looks like acceptable performance to me. I haven't seen anything on the new PRVI unfortunately. I have the facilities available to conduct testing myself if someone wants to spot me some ballistics gel
    DD-
    Thanks. I could only read page 1 before my head hurt.

There is a note and a gel-shot on the AFCOM ammo-oracle, that determined it to have low velocity, thick jacket, and sub-optimal performance, but that info is dated.

I have not seen any credible testing since, and would really like some good chrony/gel info.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DD-
    Thanks. I could only read page 1 before my head hurt.
    Haha, indeed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12