Thread: I need a AA led with a click tail switch and one mode operation

Feedback Score

I need a AA led with a click tail switch and one mode operation

I have a Fenix L1D from several years ago that is still kicking ass, but I'd like a backup/extra light for stashing in different places, job kit, etc.

When I got the L1D, I had to swap out the tailcap for one from DealExtreme that had click on/off function.

There has to be something like this available now. All I want is a AA light, with at least 100 lumen output, single mode, click on/off tail cap. Simple, right?

Feedback Score
    The LD12 has several possible modes, but stays where you last set it. It's been my EDC for ~6 months and I have no complaints. I bought two more for Christmas gifts, btw.

It's very handy (and easy) to go to a lower intensity setting when I don't want max output. It's under 100L however, if that's your primary requirement.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    For a cheap AA LED, I own several of these that have been in use for the last couple years:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-ba10.html

It is listed as dual output, but the output is bezel controlled. I just turn the bezel tightened down all the way and leave it there, using it as a single output.
    Last edited by uwe1; 05-05-13 at 12:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    4Sevens Quark Tactical AA model. For all intents and purposes it's a single mode LED with a proper momentary/click-on tailcap that put out 100 lumens.

It has other modes but unless you go looking for them, they'll never bother you.

It has a pocket clip that doesn't suck, and for 7 bucks more you get the deep carry clip to bury the thing in your pocket. I ordered a bunch of these for my group at work, and everyone loves them.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    Fenix E11?

Feedback Score
    Streamlight Polytac and Streamlight Protac 1AA
    C4 LED. By far my favorite flashlights

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Buy this:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-t15-r5-v2010.html

I am a fan on the single cell AA lights. I have been using one of these on a daily basis for mare than 1 year. Most useful light I have owned. Great switch. I have not been able to break it yet.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Another vote for 4 Sevens

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ive also been happy with my fenix ld12. Its forward clicky with momentary on if that matters. Very easy to set to high and leave it. I also have an oldrr nitecore that had been very good. Never had a 4sevens, but always see great reviews for them.
    "Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness." - Pulp Fiction