Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Glock 19 - Factory Repair or Apex FRE

Feedback Score
    Go APEX extractor...

had a problematic G19 that i recently purchased. VAK serial number.

Was getting brass ejecting to the top of my head, brass ejecting left of the ejection port, brass ejecting forward of the pistol, a few FTE...totally all over the place.

got a gen 3 APEX extractor. put 150rds through it with the new extractor...so far flawless. completely night and day difference. strong and consistent.

set up:
    APEX gen 3 extractor & spring
    non-LCI SLB
    original 336 ejector.

randy has been fantastic with returning emails prompty and answering all my questions. great customer service. highly recommend his product.

Feedback Score
    I am on my sixth (yes sixth) relacement Glock. It began over two years ago. I bought a GEN3 G19 to try to avoid The GEN4's problems. The first one didn't work out of the box. I sent it back to Glock. No luck. They replaced all the parts. Gun still had problems. They replaced it with a GEN4 G19 eventually. It was good for 800 rounds. Problems resurfaced.
    Gun replaced again. Another GEN4 G19. It was good for 2000 rounds before problems surfaced again. Sent a new GEN3 G19. Worked for a few hundred rounds. I then went the route of trying to fix it myself. This was before Randy's APEX parts. Let's just say I tried every fix everyone has tried and the gun would not stay working. Sold it and bought am M&P9c and never looked back. The Compact M&P 9mm doesn't seem to share the problems of the bigger guns.
    Also bought a PPQ and it is by far one of the best guns made polymer, steel, or whatever. That's another story. Anyways the 30274 ejector came out and some were saying things were better. Bought another one. Problems right out of the box. Sent another one. My last one was a USA made GEN4 G19. Newest ejector, RSA, and a non-dip extractor. Worked better than any of the others for awhile. Glock cannot or will not address the problems with these guns. Their are varying levels of bad.
    Anyways Randy and his team ave been great about trying to fix the gun. The APEX kit and non-LCI spring bearing did not fix the gun. Randy has hand fit parts to it. I had the ejection port lowered. Still not 100%. Found out the follower ridge was out of spec and dragging on the brass slowing the slide velocity. Randy stoned that and is installing a slightly lighter spring. Hopefully that will do it.
    Some of the folks at Glock did try to help me. And they did pay shipping every time. But I did have to go up the ladder to get it done. So besides the RSA problems, new ejector, new extractor and whatever some guns are so out of spec it does no good to replace parts. Some are fixed with a simple parts change. I can only assume the quality control on these weapons was better. And I had every problem that has been mentioned between the various guns. Go up the ladder and make Glock pay shipping if you go that route. It's hit or miss if they will fix it or replace it. Before I would pay shipping I would put the money into the APEX extractor kit and the 30274 ejector. These seem to fix most guns.
    So why have I stuck with it after all I've been through? I teach shooting classes and many folks want to try a Glock. The G19 is a great gun when it works. Great balance of size, capacity, weight, and power. Plus I have a million mags and part for the guns. Randy has done more to correct these problems than Glock appears willing to do. I'm sure he can get my gun running. But like I said a lot of the really difficult ones to fix have parts way out of spec. Hope you have a happy ending. One gun in earlier posts was referred to as "the spawn of Satan". I sometimes think mine is Satan. LOL! Again hope it gets fixed. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    I had a pretty problematic 3rd gen G19, but swapping the stock 336 ejector for the 4th gen 30274 ejector and swapping the stock extractor for the Apex unit totally cured this pistol. It now ejects like my 2nd gen G17....perfectly.

I now have about 2500 rounds through the bugger and no brass even close to my face and no jams at all. Used all sorts of ammo including steel case and some ratty range reloads. The thing flat out runs.

So yeah...I'd go to Brownell's and order the 11 dollar Gen 4 trigger housing. Yank out the 30274 ejector and place it in your stock 3rd gen trigger housing then replace your extractor with the Apex unit. Fairly cheap fix, if you ask me....but mine is living proof that it works.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Perhaps it's just passive aggression, but if I had one of the effected guns I would send it to GI, and keep sending it until it was fixed or replaced.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well I tried a 30274 ejector in my recent gen 3 19, and it made a big difference. Granted, I don't have many rounds through the gun but it seems ok now, so far. Yesterday I had a chance to put a quick 100rds through it and most of the empties are going to 4:00. I only had two empties end up near my feet and I don't even know when they occurred (they didn't hit me that I know of, and certainly weren't to my face/head). I think it's good enough to not need the FRE, but I know that could change with more rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does anyone know if all the APEX extractors have APEX stamped on them? One of my Glocks has one but I can’t remember which one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Does anyone know if all the APEX extractors have APEX stamped on them? One of my Glocks has one but I can’t remember which one.
    Looking at it installed in the pistol there are no markings on G19.3.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had a problematic brand-new Gen 4 G19 that I fixed with the Apex FRE and a non-LCI spring loaded bearing. The factory part is MIM and I had no desire to replace with the same. And Glock’s LCI design is weak-sauce to begin with so I was happy to eliminate that feature.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My Apex did not have any stampings or identifying marks.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567